4 Posts

DungeonQuest (third edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Travel markers. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Williams
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thinking about getting this game and after reading the rules, I like it even more. Two things I would like to say though;
I haven't found the combat to be as bad as some people have made out. Granted, I am only looking at the rulebook and haven't actually seen it in action but don't think I'd have a problem with it.
Secondly, I wonder if someone could answer this for me; what exactly are the travel tokens for? After looking at the rules I see no reason why you cannot use the figure all the way through the game. Am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bell
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just for clarity. Your figure isn't actually in that square, so it doesn't, for example, block other figures from entering that square.

You could just just remember instead, sure. You could also just remember that in Small World mountain spaces count as +1 and leave the cardboard in the box; but you'll still forget.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Schaller
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The travel marker also points in the direction you're travelling in the catacombs. You have to choose your direction immidiately upon entering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've also used the travel marker for time-related events for characters, such as the number of turn they are knocked out from a Gas Trap. Put the marker on the Sun Track for the last turn they are out. When their turn arrives, they pick up their marker, end their turn, and can get moving again on the next.

I'm thinking of customizing some Determination markers for the same purpose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.