Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Osborn
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be playing España 1936 for the first time soon, and I probably won't use them then, but I was interested to hear what you all think.

Poll
Do you usually play with the naval rules?
Yes
No
      24 answers
Poll created by atomzero

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Marlett
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
Wherever You Go, There You Are
badge
With no certain future, and no purpose other than to prevail
mbmbmbmbmb
IMHO, the naval rules are not as clear as the rest of the rules. I think it also adds more luck without a great deal of benefit strategy-wise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradshaw
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted 'no naval rules', but simply as I have been following the suggestion in the rulebook that you get a few games without under your belt first. In truth my next game would be the one wherein I tackled the naval aspect of Espana 1936. I do enjoy the game as I have played it thus far and do look forward to tackling this other fascet of it. However, if I find on experience the previous comment to be true then I would have no qualms about continuing to play the game without the naval aspect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradshaw
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, the responses thus far clearly suggest that most play without the naval aspect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Merchant
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played first time last night with the naval rules, and I wish we hadn't. They seemed to introduce a lot of questions, issues, and problems absent of any strategic considerations. They feel very pasted on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.