David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the trap cards explicitly say (either on the card or in the reference) that you resolve the effect with the hand you've currently played.

But not all cards do. We encountered several dire trap cards that we weren't sure whether it applied to the hand just played.
I assume it must since it would make little sense otherwise.

If that's the case it would have been nice if it was incorporated into the turn order by indicating you refill the monster hall before drawing a new hand.

If my memory serves me correctly, one such card is the poison gas cloud where you gain a disease if you don't reveal a cleric or thief. The reference doesn't specify whether it applies to the active pLayer's "just played" hand.

Or am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall
United States
Dalton
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It is a bit odd, since the 1.4 rules for the Base game do state that the Dungeon is refilled BEFORE you discard your hand. At the moment, you would use the hand you already revealed, but feel free to change it by refilling the dungeon AFTER discarding/redrawing. This could add a bit more potency to the trap since you have now shown that you have said hero, and therefore are more likely to attempt killing a monster on your next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Klein
Germany
Siegburg
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
www.spielerleben.de
badge
www.spielerleben.de
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember correctly, the rules state that you resolve the trap immediatly before resolving breach effects. You discard your hand and draw new cards after Breach effects. So traps are allways targeting the hand you just used, seems clear to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drinky Drinky
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Mr. Cat. Hold on I think I know my next move, just give me another minute....NO!!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Deefer wrote:
Some of the trap cards explicitly say (either on the card or in the reference) that you resolve the effect with the hand you've currently played.

But not all cards do. We encountered several dire trap cards that we weren't sure whether it applied to the hand just played.
I assume it must since it would make little sense otherwise.

Remember in the rule book 4f and 4g happen before step 5. Page 24 in the rule book does pretty well on the order of operands.

Cage - (active player) effects the hand you just beat the prior monster with and cages a hero of choice in the party youjust defeated that monster with.

Gas trap - (all players) Use the hand you just defeated or pushed a monster to the bottom of the stack with. If there is a cleric or thief in hand you just went into the dungeon with then you do not get a disease card.

Poison Dart trap - (everyone else except active player who went into the dungeon) - Basically hits everyone behind you with darts to remove spells. Becasue the casters are always in the back =)

After you resolve onr of these trap effects first. Now you can discard, and hand the turn over to the next player. Or draw and start your next turn if playing solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.