James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick note to remind everyone that the deadline for the GameCon Memphis qualifier for the boardgame design contest is coming up fast. We are accepting submissions until September 10th. Judging will take place at GameCon Memphis October 1st-3rd. The winner will take their game to the Chicago Toy and Game Fair and pitch the game to Jay Tummelson of Rio Grande Games. Jay has commited to publishing at least one of the twelve games pitched to him. Last year he selected four games to be published!

For more information about the GameCon Memphis qualifier click here:

http://www.gameconmemphis.com/main/34-news/56-gamedesigncont...

Oh, and I wanted to mention that Jay Tummelson is also our guest of honor at GameCon Memphis!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric A Martin
United States
St Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Help us get Ship Miniatures on Kickstarter! Deadline Feb 10th
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

What day of the convention will the contest play-testing take place?

I ask because I may try to run my entry during GameCon Memphis before or after the contest to get extra feedback. I'm really looking forward to some outside comments.

(My last effort at getting unbiased reviews didn't turn out so well...)

Anyway thanks for all the effort putting this together.

Eric

(Exile Sun is ready when you want it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll be running the play testing throughout the convention with the winner announced on Sunday. I will be putting together a schedule of when the games will be played. You are welcome to watch the games being played and take notes and to run the game outside of the contest (however, please get with me to make sure that it does not interfer with the blind playtest aspect of the contest).

Thank you Eric and I do need to call you to pick up the game, can you email me your number again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric A Martin
United States
St Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Help us get Ship Miniatures on Kickstarter! Deadline Feb 10th
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll make sure to clear any plans with you beforehand, I'm probably just a little over excited/zealous.

Looking forward to working with you.

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.