Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Romance in the out of doors. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a random thought here... for all of you geeks gathered around your tables with the lights on and the dice rolling, cards being layed and little coutner/meeple or whatever being moved... take it outside.

Pack a picnic lunch, go to the park and take your favourite transportable game out into the beautiful world today or tomorrow or whenever and pick your honey of from work and treat them to a gaming lunch with yummies and mental stimulation. (I'm all for other stimulation but... anyways)

I toast you all from my nearest park bench where I hope to be playing Travel Boggle or Heave Ho! and teasing my love because she's got mustard on her cheek from the Timmies we picked up on the way.

bluetrain Oh, that's my ride... later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen

Pennsylvania
msg tools
Brrrrrrrrr!
As a woman, I appreciate your romantic vision of board gaming al fresco, but good grief! I'm in Philadelphia and its 32 degrees fahrenheit today with a wind chill making it feel ten degrees colder.

I see you are in British Columbia where it is more spring like (Vancouver is warming up to the mid-fifties fahrenheit today).

Anyway, what are Timmies? Are those like Cheesesteaks or more like our equally enigmatically named Hoagies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But make sure it's a game that's easy to set up... don't attempt a 2 player Puerto Rico, for example. By the time you've got it set up, it's time to go back to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moody
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the title of the journal and thought, "Gnats."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Karen, Timmies is actually Tim Hortens... the greatest doughnut shop ever to be seen since last Tuesday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mustard on donuts? yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My vision of the romantic out of doors food is not donuts and mustard.

Lets say it's a brisk day so we have a thermos of hot chocolate. Some sandwiches (ham and cheese, egg and perhaps the traditional PBJ) and Kim really likes the raisin tarts (or the pecan ones) or some doughnut holes. (they call them Timbits) Kim also likes the italian sodas you can get at the gelatto place. Then we head up to Beacon Hill Park and sit on a bench watching the duckies do laps and trying to argue that 'splurf' is a real word. (the sound one makes when spraying hot chocolate just after your wife has told you she's pregnant... and no... she's not. Just an example)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Li'l Ronnie Post
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Those wacky Canucks..
Quote:
Mustard on donuts? yuk

More likely gravy! gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Quote:
Quote:
Mustard on donuts? yuk

More likely gravy! gulp

Tim Hortons also makes Sandwiches - and quite good ones at that.

I'll presume that was what the original poster intended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.