Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
We have been waiting a while for this one are we ever going to see it produced. Does anyone know if any work has been done on this at all?soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to the Gears of War: The Board Game General forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calvin Le Huray
Jersey
St. Johns
United Kingdom
msg tools
badge
I like unusual themes.
mbmbmbmbmb
I kind of wanted this on the main page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
By the time this game comes to light, will anyone still be playing the video game or remember it? What with so many other games constantly coming out, this one is gonna get left behind in the bargin bin. IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Personally I think if the boardgame ever sees the light of day and it turns out to be a solid game... then it will likely do well. I mean they still sell a lot of Arkham Horror and A Game of Thrones products and you can say they are old franchises as well. They are planning on redoing Dune as well (although they are going to make it "un-Dune-like" apparently.)... so I'd say it all comes down to the quality of the eventual gameplay as to whether the game succeeds or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Conn
United States
Lee's Summit
Missouri
flag msg tools
You are not brought upon this world to get it!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or they could regurgitate Doom: The Boardgame, but make it squad-based instead of individuals.

This one has been on the drawing board for a while now. The best I can tell in my limited knowledge sphere is that FFG has the rights, but is sitting on them until either GoW3 is released, or when they darn well feel like making a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As long is it doesn't threaten the game of their GW partner maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
"Games that want to get out."
mbmbmbmbmb
Petru5 wrote:
Or they could regurgitate Doom: The Boardgame, but make it squad-based instead of individuals.

I wish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lawton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Armydillo978 wrote:
By the time this game comes to light, will anyone still be playing the video game or remember it? What with so many other games constantly coming out, this one is gonna get left behind in the bargin bin. IMO.

With GOW coming out this year I doubt it will have been forgotten
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Robinson
England
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, GOW 3 release on 20th September 2011 cool

Diff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmzomba wrote:
Armydillo978 wrote:

With GOW coming out this year I doubt it will have been forgotten

Hind site, of course, is 20/20....and I was sure the quatrains of Nostradamus indicated this wasn't going to come about. But happily, Nostra and myself were wrong. I'm looking forward to the final product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.