Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Following the steps of Here I Stand, Twilight Struggle, Paths of Glory, Washington's War, Successors, ... Will we see a mounted board edition of FtP anytime soon?
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
aro246 wrote:
Following the steps of Here I Stand, Twilight Struggle, Paths of Glory, Washington's War, Successors, ... Will we see a mounted board edition of FtP anytime soon?
Thank you!

I'm not with GMT, but I doubt it. I think the game continues to sell and continues to gain traction, but I'm not sure how large the interest would be in buying a mounted board - most players of this game (as far as I know) play it online.

Cheers.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your best bet is the Deluxe map. Not mounted, but it is printed on sturdier material. Like a thick hard cardstock.

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-123-deluxe-map-for-the-people.aspx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish the "deluxe" map was a larger size than the original map - 30% or 40% larger. As it was, I felt a little bit ripped off by the deluxe maps because they were just sturdier copies - that's not worth $15 + shipping. Mounted maps are at least worth the money. Otherwise, I'll just use plexiglass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I already have the deluxe map and I don't feel it was too much of an upgrade...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
The original AH edition had a mounted map-board. GMT is finally folding on the issue and is starting to include mounted map-boards as standard equipment (high time!). Gradually, they are adopting mounted boards for previous releases, as they get reprinted. I expect that if and when FtP is re-issued it will have a mounted board and that it will then also be available to order separately.

I am a fan of the mounted boards but am disappointed that, unlike the "deluxe maps," they don't come with the latest version of the rules set. What's up with that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This just came in the mail:
GMT Games Sept. 30 Update mail wrote:
Additional Mounted Mapboards:

The feedback from players on the mounted mapboards that we have included in this past year's CDGs and reprints (Twilight Struggle, Washington's War, Wilderness War, etc) has been terrific. So we are adding P500 options for four more of our most popular CDGs. We hope you will use your P500 vote to get all of these that interest you, as we are hoping to gang-print all four of the boards once order numbers are high enough to cover our costs. The four mounted board options we are adding are for the following games:

Empire of the Sun
For the People
Stalin's War
WW2: Barbarossa to Berlin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I just got it in the mail too.
I guess it was a good thing I posted this. Never got to move a manufacturer before.
Happy to help the community

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job! cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.