Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: OT: Journal/article/list notification tip rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Li'l Ronnie Post
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Thought I'd share a nifty tool - changedetection.com - that I've found useful here to track changes to journals, lists or replies to game articles (without bugging Aldie or Derk!).

You have to give them your email address for obvious reasons, but it's free and after a year or so of use they've respected my privacy and neither spammed me or "shared" my address.

When I want to be notified when a page changes (I particularly like tracking a "Forum View" of some games articles, sorted by date), I simply copy the URL and paste it into the form. The only down side I've come across is an occasional false positive, which I presume is things like avatars changing, etc - but that's minor given the usefulness.

http://www.changedetection.com/monitor.html
(no ties, just trying to be helpful)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Neat! I'll be using this quite a bit!thumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Li'l Ronnie Post
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
You're welcome
I particularly like knowing when someone has responded to an article, question or session report attached to a game entry. Extra Off-BGG hint: can also be very useful in monitoring changes in search results!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.