Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Diplomacy commentary - BGG05-1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fall 1907 move:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekjournal.php3?action=viewcom...
http://www.floc.net/observer.py?judge=DEDO&game=bgg051&page=...

Turkey delayed the capture of Tun in order to move for a better position. (Either that, or he just plan forgot that he doesn't own Tun yet.) I believe this is a good move, though of course taking centers is always nice as well.

Austria cleverly arranged for France to not be able to build in Mar. Supporting Spa-Mar may have been even better, though it would have been hard to know France would order that.

France now has the most centers, but his units are spread out. It will be interesting to see whether his growth continues or reverses....

England probably should have done something with Swe and Gas. But his biggest problem is that he needs an ally. He could try cooperation with Russia in Scandinavia, though it's hard to believe that those Russian fleets will not eventually become a problem for England. Perhaps England should seek peace with France, so he can deal with R while F focuses on the Med.

R/A can now force Ber, and then Mun will fall too. Things look grim for Germany, unless he can find a reason for Austria to not come after him....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael @mgouker
United States
Pembroke Pines
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the Commentary.
This was a tough turn for Russia. I knew that I was going to lose a build. Somehow I have earned a reputation as being unhelpful when I was trying to do my best to help.

Now I hope there is no confusion. I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get support into Sweden. In all honesty, I was in no condition to respond to messages the last few hours today and I missed the fact that Germany was also attacking Sweden.

This game is as intoxicating as the sake. It is a strange world when you are on the beach doing a business deal and wondering at the same time if you did the right thing. This time I think I did.

:-)

Yours for the REVOLUTION!

Comrade MGringo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get support into Sweden.

Were you expecting support to Swe? I don't see why Germany would support you, given your aggressive position.

I suppose you could have supported yourself to Swe. Support to Bal isn't necessary, especially if Austria arranges for G to lose Ber if he bounces you in Bal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff DeBoer
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many Friends
Just remember the Comrade is a deluded drunk and thinks everyone is his friend....just ask him....when he's not skinny dipping with some client's wife.....hmmmm...I kinda like that idea....why didn't I think of that......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Hunt
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Quote:
Just remember the Comrade is a deluded drunk and thinks everyone is his friend....just ask him....when he's not skinny dipping with some client's wife.....hmmmm...I kinda like that idea....why didn't I think of that......

I thought he said the wife was the, er, client...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The wife was the wife OF the client... uh, Comrade? We all sure do hope that either this client is a) a very open-minded guy or b) not a member of BGG. surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.