Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
1.When you enter a forest no more move so it means no Gaining ground or puirsuit? But if you're on a forest and there is no puirsuit and you have make the other army moved back and there is still an army aside of you can you do a bonus attack? and if you gain ground on a forest you cant puirsuit but can attack adjacent opponent?

If you where already on a forest though you can gain ground and attack normally? On fords you have to stop but can gain ground and pursuit? but if you gain ground ON a fords can you pursuit or have to attack an adjacent opponent and cant pursuit?

2. In scenario 3 and 4 (and maybe others) but when it says that waterways can be trespassed like fords and fords no movement restriction what is for Dice? In other words, does it means that normal river BECOME EXACTLY AS IF IT WAS A FORDS AND FORDS BECOME EXACTLY LIKE A NORMAL HEX? for dice reduction and gain ground and pursuit ect????? If no what are the difference?

3. Goblins. When they rush to attack can they rush over forest? So if my red goblins are 2 hex away from a target but the first one is a forest or a fords I CANT rush but if the second one is a forest or a fords I CAN rush? What are restrictions for this?

4. Goblins who are supported become what? Bold Frightened? They are Both? so they can ignored a flag and COUNTERATTACK but if there's is too flag or more they can ignored one and have to retreat two hex for each additionnal flag and pass the panic test for each hex moved? and if they're supported and on a bridge for exemple they're Bold2 and frightened? So two flag ignored and counter attack but for other flags two hexs and panic test?

5. Dwarf supported can ignored 2 flag and counterattack?

6. Elevated terrain block sight but not if you're on an elevated terrain yourself, but only if theyre adjacent? so If you're on an elevated terrain and there is one aside, and another one aside and then the unit on normal hex is the line of sight broke? What if the unit is on a forth elevated terrain is the line still broken? like {X}{ }{ }(x) or {X}{ }{ }{x} or {X}( ){ }(x) or {X}( ){ }{x} with { } being elevated and ( ) normal terrain which line would be broken?

7. Infantry assault card all infantry MUST BE adjacent but if you dont activate one who's in the middle then both side of this unit arent adjacent?

a lot of question that seems obvious but still I rather be sure with everything. Thank you very much!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingAnus3 wrote:
1.When you enter a forest no more move so it means no Gaining ground or puirsuit? But if you're on a forest and there is no puirsuit and you have make the other army moved back and there is still an army aside of you can you do a bonus attack? and if you gain ground on a forest you cant puirsuit but can attack adjacent opponent?

Yes; yes; yes. If you enter a forest before you make an attack that causes enemy to fall back, you can't make any follow on actions.

Quote:
If you where already on a forest though you can gain ground and attack normally? On fords you have to stop but can gain ground and pursuit? but if you gain ground ON a fords can you pursuit or have to attack an adjacent opponent and cant pursuit?

Yes; yes; I think you can always gain ground and pursue in any case. Actually the last one is not pretty clear. Good question there.

Quote:
2. In scenario 3 and 4 (and maybe others) but when it says that waterways can be trespassed like fords and fords no movement restriction what is for Dice? In other words, does it means that normal river BECOME EXACTLY AS IF IT WAS A FORDS AND FORDS BECOME EXACTLY LIKE A NORMAL HEX? for dice reduction and gain ground and pursuit ect????? If no what are the difference?

It is my understanding that they only change the movement rules, not dice reduction. For example, a 'very shallow' hex do not stop movement, but a unit on them battles with 2 dice.

Quote:
3. Goblins. When they rush to attack can they rush over forest? So if my red goblins are 2 hex away from a target but the first one is a forest or a fords I CANT rush but if the second one is a forest or a fords I CAN rush? What are restrictions for this?

No, even with goblin rush, they're still stopped by forest or fords; Yes, if the second hex is a forest or for you can rush.

Quote:
4. Goblins who are supported become what? Bold Frightened? They are Both? so they can ignored a flag and COUNTERATTACK but if there's is too flag or more they can ignored one and have to retreat two hex for each additionnal flag and pass the panic test for each hex moved? and if they're supported and on a bridge for exemple they're Bold2 and frightened? So two flag ignored and counter attack but for other flags two hexs and panic test?

Yes, on all accounts. If they're on a bridge and supported, they ignore the first 2 flags, but have to retreat two hexes for each excess flag, and make the panic test.

Quote:
5. Dwarf supported can ignored 2 flag and counterattack?

Yes.

Quote:
6. Elevated terrain block sight but not if you're on an elevated terrain yourself, but only if theyre adjacent? so If you're on an elevated terrain and there is one aside, and another one aside and then the unit on normal hex is the line of sight broke? What if the unit is on a forth elevated terrain is the line still broken? like {X}{ }{ }(x) or {X}{ }{ }{x} or {X}( ){ }(x) or {X}( ){ }{x} with { } being elevated and ( ) normal terrain which line would be broken?

Actually there's a PDF document about this, but I just can't find it.
{X}{ }{ }(x) They can't see each other.
{X}{ }{ }{x} They can see each other.
{X}( ){ }(x) They can't see each other.
{X}( ){ }{x} They can't see each other.
A forest also blocks LoS between hills, even if they're connected.

Quote:
7. Infantry assault card all infantry MUST BE adjacent but if you dont activate one who's in the middle then both side of this unit arent adjacent?

Yes. All ORDERED unit must be adjacent. So on ABCDE, you can't just activate AB and DE.

Quote:
a lot of question that seems obvious but still I rather be sure with everything. Thank you very much!!!

Actually they're very good questions Waiting corrections...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Looks like all the answers above are correct. Only thing I want to add is the "bold frightened" concept of question 4.

A unit can be both frightened and bold as the goblins demonstrate. However, Bold is a condition of the COMBAT while Frightened is a condition of RETREAT. If you are not bold during combat, you are normal. If you are not frightened during retreat, you are normal.

DOW did us a disservice by making these two normals appear to be the same so that it appears you arw 1 of 3 conditions: Bold, normal, or frightened.

In reality there are two different states at two different times. Bold or normal duing the combat and normal or frightened during the retreat.

That is why it is possible to be Bold and frightened, even though that sounds silly. Resolve the bold first and ignore what flags you can. Then resolve the retreat with what flags are left over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santi Velasco
Spain
Mairena del Aljarafe
Seville
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
That is why it is possible to be Bold and frightened, even though that sounds silly.

I don't think it is silly, you can think of it this way: supported goblins are bolstered by their allies' presence so they can ignore a flag, but once their morale is broken, their cowardly nature makes them suffer double losses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
srcabeza wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:
That is why it is possible to be Bold and frightened, even though that sounds silly.

I don't think it is silly, you can think of it this way: supported goblins are bolstered by their allies' presence so they can ignore a flag, but once their morale is broken, their cowardly nature makes them suffer double losses.
\Agreed. But the way it is presented in the rulebook - some people find it hard to understand that you can be both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Griffin Johnson
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Looks like all the answers above are correct. Only thing I want to add is the "bold frightened" concept of question 4.

A unit can be both frightened and bold as the goblins demonstrate. However, Bold is a condition of the COMBAT while Frightened is a condition of RETREAT. If you are not bold during combat, you are normal. If you are not frightened during retreat, you are normal.

DOW did us a disservice by making these two normals appear to be the same so that it appears you arw 1 of 3 conditions: Bold, normal, or frightened.

In reality there are two different states at two different times. Bold or normal duing the combat and normal or frightened during the retreat.

That is why it is possible to be Bold and frightened, even though that sounds silly. Resolve the bold first and ignore what flags you can. Then resolve the retreat with what flags are left over.

awesome explanation, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Romeo
Canada
Chicoutimi
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmb
another thing that hasnt been answer. If you attack someone with mounted units and he retreats and then you gain ground ON a forest you can ''kind of puirsuit'' as explained in the rulesbook. By that I mean that you cant puirsuit move but can stay in the forest and attack any adjacent unit. But if you enter in a forest with a mounted unit and attack and then the opponent retreat, you CANT gain ground that was clear but can you still have a kind of puirsuit and attack any adjacent unit?

also when I asked about the river becoming crossable(can I say this?) you said that only movement restriction was involved in the scenario special rules, not the dice. So it means that moving on the river stops you but can still gain ground and puirsuit and have ALL your dice if attacking from the river, and when you move on a fords there is NO movement penalty what so ever but if you attack from the fords you have a maximum dice of two right?

and retreats arent affect by the terrain right?

thanks a lot really usefull answers!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KingAnus3 wrote:
another thing that hasnt been answer. If you attack someone with mounted units and he retreats and then you gain ground ON a forest you can ''kind of puirsuit'' as explained in the rulesbook. By that I mean that you cant puirsuit move but can stay in the forest and attack any adjacent unit. But if you enter in a forest with a mounted unit and attack and then the opponent retreat, you CANT gain ground that was clear but can you still have a kind of puirsuit and attack any adjacent unit?

As soon as a unit enters a forest hex during a turn, it may make no further "movements" - no further hexes may be taken during the movement phase (barring a lore play of Commune with Nature), nor may any further hexes be taken during follow on actions, however if a retreat occurs to that same unit during its combat phase, it may, or possibly has to, take any of those retreat hexes.

If a unit enters a forest hex and then would normally be eligible to gain ground in order to have a bonus attack, since it cannot gain ground it cannot make the bonus attack. In your specific example, the mounted unit would not be eligible to make a bonus attack. This is about as sticky as the rules get with this game (Well, except for the river hexes, see below )

Quote:
also when I asked about the river becoming crossable(can I say this?) you said that only movement restriction was involved in the scenario special rules, not the dice. So it means that moving on the river stops you but can still gain ground and puirsuit and have ALL your dice if attacking from the river, and when you move on a fords there is NO movement penalty what so ever but if you attack from the fords you have a maximum dice of two right?

The rules with the river hexes can get a little confusing as well. "Normally" a river hex is impassable. If the scenario designates the river hexes as fordable (crossable, if you will ), then the battle restrictions come into play - 2d out/normal in - and a unit that enters the hex during movement or follow on actions must stop, but further follow on actions may be allowed. For example, the situation you were describing with the mounted unit, it would be able to gain ground after making an attack from the fordable river hex, and then make any other eligible follow on actions at that point.

Now, there are also the shallow river hexes, indicated by using the additional rectangular terrain piece. "Normally" those work as fordable river hexes do, but sometimes a scenario will specifically state that shallow river hexes do not restrict movement. Just something to watch for.

Quote:
and retreats arent affect by the terrain right?

The only time terrain affects retreats is if it is impassable, otherwise any movement restrictions are ignored for purposes of taking hexes during a retreat.

Keep having fun, Mike

EDIT: typo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Rathgeb
Germany
Erbach
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sevej wrote:

Actually there's a PDF document about this, but I just can't find it.
{X}{ }{ }(x) They can't see each other.
{X}{ }{ }{x} They can see each other.
{X}( ){ }(x) They can't see each other.
{X}( ){ }{x} They can't see each other.
A forest also blocks LoS between hills, even if they're connected.

You can find the Line of Sight pdf here:
World of Battlelore.de

You have to register first. Then use the link and scroll down, until you see 'Line of Sight' (with a gameboard)
Explanations are in German, but the text on the map (LoS - no LoS) is in German/French and English.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.