Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Coscio
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to change Forum Thread titles? For example I see people running auctions with a specific title and then, a few days later, I might see the same title with the words "Ends in 2 days" added to it. Are people just posting second threads and deleting the originals or is there a way to make changes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Portugal
Lagos
Algarve
flag msg tools
I've been offline from BGG for the last couple of weeks, but I'll be back very soon!
badge
I'm that weirdo that keeps track of how many badges Kaffedrake has sold prior to yesterday
mb
Re: Change Forum Thread Titles? : I edited the reply and changed the reply's subject!
If you edit the first post in the thread you can change the subject of the thread. Try it out with this thread!

Edit: It is also possible to edit the subject of regular (i.e., not the starting thread message) thread replies, as illustrated in this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit the original post and then you can change the header, yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Coscio
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
D'oh! I didn't even think to try that! Thanks guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Folks

So I've done this, but the Forum Listing is still based on the old
thread header I'd originally applied to the first thread ...

New (First) Thread Subject Header ...

Wonky Forum Listing ...

.... It's causing a bit of confusion, what can I do to sort?

Thanks, Walts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorlab wrote:
So I've done this, but the Forum Listing is still based on the old thread header I'd originally applied to the first thread ...

Dune: The Dice Game | He who controls the Spice, controls the universe! (PBF#2)

It seems the thread title got updated when I posted a reply.

Check that you have actually edited and saved the header of the first post in that thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walts
Scotland
Kilwinning
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah righto, guess that refreshes the forum listings, thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ewan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be Harkonnen and have two troops in Minor Erg and move a harvester there from Arakeen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bail Organa wrote:
If you edit the first post in the thread you can change the subject of the thread. Try it out with this thread!

Edit: It is also possible to edit the subject of regular (i.e., not the starting thread message) thread replies, as illustrated in this post.

A point is that only the person who initiated the thread can change the title of the thread.

-----

I'm not sure how quickly the title change would propagate through the database. A lot of stuff gets cached and various update jobs run in the background.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.