Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Heroscape expansion suggestions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Cannon
United States
CUMMING
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone from Hasbro is reading this, just a suggestion for future expansion:

When I get the expansion, the one thing that is kind of superfluous is the extra terrain tiles. If you look at all of the scenarios online, they consists of 1 set or 2 sets (or 5 sets). No one is making a scenario for 1 set plus 4 tiles.

Now if the terrain tiles were special, like the water tiles or some of the new tiles that were in that video, then that would be a different story. But a small number of basic terrain tiles is next to useless.

Thanks for reading!
Rob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not from Hasbro, but I interact with the design team a bit.

Lets look at this from a bunch of angles.

Amount:
If you buy all of the expansions, you have added 32 hexes. If you buy multiples of the commons... Soon you have a LOT of extra terrain.

Scenarios:
Future scenarios online will have additional hexes and deal with additional master sets.

Land build variant:
Build map. You get some hexes, I get some hexes. Place them where you feel they are strategically beneficial - gaining height advantage by a glyph, or blocking a path.

Marketing:
Some kid buys some snipers and vipers just because they're cool. Whats this? Lego-like land? Maybe I should look into that master set thing...

That's just a few off the top of my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shumyum
United States
flag msg tools
badge
♒♒♒♒♎♒♒♒♒ sloooowly sinking
I like that land build variant! It would also be cool to add them DURING the game, too (say before the fourth turn and the 7th turn).
-----
If they are only going to add hexes they already have, I agree with the first poster that it would be nice to have some more water tiles for the snakes and goopies (Marros?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
For DURING the game - well, sounds like a spell that becomes someone's ability...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lyman Hurd
United States
Cupertino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There may be a reason why I am on the technical and not marketing side of the world, but it occurs to me that if peope want to send you their money you shoudl not make it a time consuming and frustrating business. Never mind the content of the boosters, how about making them generally available!

I am sure someone will follow this with a lecture on retail logistics .

If they are going to add terrain, by the way, it would be interesting if it was of a new unseen type. For example, I have heard rumors of lava tiles.

And, by the way, while I find setting up the board tedious, my sons think it is half the fun. Works out perfectly. I just send them into the dining room (okay for the past few months more properly the Heroscape room) a little early and say: "Wouldn't it be good to try this map?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Ludwick
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I agree with Rob, it would be nice to see a few unique terrain tiles packaged into each expansion set.

The availability is inconsistant and in some cases non-existent. With the 4 expansions at $12.99 a pop, you'd think Hasbro would want to make a profit while there is still such high demand for it.

My son loves the game, BTW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
HOT LAVA DEATH!!!

Well, someone had to say it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Montgomery
United States
Watauga
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
HOT LAVA DEATH!!!

Well, someone had to say it.

Heh...I see at least one other person frequents the Heroscape.net boards as well...

--Aahzmandius

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Different Dice?
Yeah, new terrain pieces and tiles would be cool.

What about different dice? You have blue and red d6's and the d20. Maybe different colors with new faces? I'm thinking along the lines of the way dice are used in Queen's Gambit, Doom, etc...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.