Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is from the official Blog

AT-43 : Army Book
6 Sep 2010

Army books have been revised to fulfill the needs of the new edition of AT-43. Tests with these new lists, built around army boxes are taking all our time. Dice roll between coantainers and vehicles. They hustle miniatures like stray bullets from murderous salvos.
It is time for us to tell you more. From now on, each army is built around Army boxes and other references are considered as add-ons to these boxes.
We will deal more with that later, but we cannot resist the temptation to give you sneak peeks right now!

UNA:

• Borz can call for artillery strikes able to threaten... C3s !
• Newton acts faster but also more often than other heros.
• Stark gets freed from his Promise disadvantage.

Therians:

• A new routine is up. "Fighters creation" allows you to create units of Rank 1 fighters like Storm Arachns.
• Urash can be used as a transport. Therians fighters from his company can get in or out of the EMI Grid in contact base to base with him.
• Tiamat… Well… What can we say ? She can raise from the dead, taking place of a reinforcement unit.

Red Blok:

• Vrachov now has a MASH allowing him to recall Rank1 units on the battlefield.
• Timofiyeva allows her company to shoot EMP jammer rockets. Her strider can get into any C1 Red Blok unit. Not only Nakovalny.

Karmans:

• They're done with grenades and flamers which can knock them down. Fighters now have the "Karmic balance" ability that prevent indirect fire weapons to force them on the ground.
• Freezer and the unit he's with can be deployed wherever seems fit during the game. Isn't it a treat to threaten an enemy from his back ?

ONI:

• Saturday Night Special, Baron Samedi vehicle can transport TacArms ONI. Even better, this unit can get out of the vehicle and activates right after Saturday Night Special.

By Rackham-e Team

Discuss...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm just getting into the game and can't claim much insight, but the hero abilities look like power creep to me. The more that special units are able to break the rules, the less that sound, basic tactics matter. And the "building around Army Boxes" thing appears just to be a way to twist the rules to accomodate Rackham's lousy production capabilities.

I'm sticking with my original plan of developing a collection around the four original armies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Conroy
United States
Winchester
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm ok with the changes to Bortz and Newton, but taking away Stark's "promise" takes away some of his character.

The new Karman abilities are crap and are abolutely a power creep where none is needed.

The Therians are...well...the Thrians

I am intriged by the Red Blok hero upgrades. It will make feilding these heroes even more meaningfull.

I don't care about ONI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sherry
United States
Great Falls
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know how often you have played Karmans but against a canny player you are being constantly grounded. I'm very happy to see "Karmic Balance" change, as I think it just makes them playable.

I haven't been following the rules very closely, but have they EVER fully cleared up the Therian creation ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, the Rackham guys on the french forum indicate that :
- "built around army boxes" mean that the rules & army books have been rewritten from the point of view of a new player who begins by buying an army box, but they accomodate all past & future minis, you don't need an army box
- the new rules & army books will be 1st available as "free download", then as printed
(rough translation)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
manuel rabago
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anybody have info on the new Krygs for at-43?
Army boxes are coming for every army, but i do not know the release date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Ebonsword
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tppytel wrote:
I'm just getting into the game and can't claim much insight, but the hero abilities look like power creep to me. The more that special units are able to break the rules, the less that sound, basic tactics matter. And the "building around Army Boxes" thing appears just to be a way to twist the rules to accomodate Rackham's lousy production capabilities.

I'm sticking with my original plan of developing a collection around the four original armies.

I have mixed feelings about the Hero changes.

I agree that they represent power creep--what's not clear to me is if that is what the fan base wants. Basically, if having super-powered heroes gets more people into the game, that's fine with me, because I can simply choose to not use heroes in my own games.

I suppose that it's more of an issue if you're into tournaments and such (which I am not--AT-43 is all about friendly games with my mates). Of course, it's not like there's not already plenty of cheezy tactics in that sort of environment (civil engineers, Therian and COG AFV summoning, Red Blok LP draining, etc.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Ebonsword
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xango wrote:
Has anybody have info on the new Krygs for at-43?
Army boxes are coming for every army, but i do not know the release date.

I have not seen anything further on the Krygs nor have I seen release dates for the new army boxes (perhaps a Sentinel might know more?).

Personally, I hope that they don't do anything with the Krygs until they release some of the still-missing ONI and COGS units (e.g. ONI non-zombie infantry and light destroyers, Cog countersnipers and the stalker attachment box).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
manuel rabago
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ebon, the countersnipers and the stalkers atachment box are on preorder at the warstore, along with several new releases between 3 to 6 month period (including Krygs)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathon Ebonsword
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xango wrote:
Hi Ebon, the countersnipers and the stalkers atachment box are on preorder at the warstore, along with several new releases between 3 to 6 month period (including Krygs)

Yeah, I pretty much have no faith in that kind of thing.

At this point, about the only thing I would trust is an official word from Rackham.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.