Subject: attack movement 2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a unit is 3 hexes away from the enemy group A and 2 hexes away from the enemy group B, is this unit able to move towards the A group, so after the movement will be 2 hexes away, if this movement makes the distance from group B 3 hexes.

All i mean is when i am moving towards the enemy CAN I choose the enemy to move closer to, or i am moving to the already closer one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can within reason I suppose. I think this one facet of the game (which I like) is extremely hard to nail down with rules to cover all situations. It's going to be a judgement call in certain situations and players are going to have to use their own ccmmon sense.

For instance, played a game of scen 8. Jerome the other day and the French commander had the group directly in front of Hougoumont under attack orders. When the group activated, he started flank marching them towards the British left where the Dutch were positioned, avoiding Hougoumont. Yes, they were moving closer to the Dutch, but the British units directly to their front they were ignoring. We decided that they couldn't perform such a movement unless they were under maneuver orders.

As a rule of thumb, I would say attack orders could deviate to enemy units that are say 1 or 2 hexes further away than the closest, any more than that you really should be under maneuver orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the try to clear the matter for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanos
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're all waiting for an official FAQ to clear issues like this up. In the meantime, I personally have been playing as if the move your describing is legal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.