Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Barnes and Noble Sale rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Palmer
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
Barnes and Noble has a 75% off rack of selected games currently.

I picked up Master and Commander for 75% off (+ 10% more for my readers card) of the $44.95 MSRP, so it was around $10.50.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WgooW

That is some good info... I just saw that game listed here on the Geek 2 days ago and loved the look of it, but it was WAY out of my price range. Now, if I can just get to B&N and if they just have a copy left here where I live.

Here is to hoping. goldencamel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
online?
is it online or ni store? they have games?i guess probably just monopoly clue etc. yuk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Palmer
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mb
I don't know if it is on the online store or not.

B&N has expanded the number of games they carry. They seem to have a weird mix of too many Monopoly sets, too many trivia games, and too many puzzles, but they do carry some Reiner Knizia games, Set, Bosworth, and a few oddballs like the Master and Commander game.

M&C looks like it might be OK. Haven't played it yet (obviously), but $10 for a nice wooden bookshelf box, a neat cloth board, a sand timer, eight pewter ships, etc. was a good deal. Very nice presentation, at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Wyoming
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
M&C is a great game for $10 because it will look very nice sitting up on the shelf.

My recommendation - don't take it down from the shelf and try to play it. It'll ruin the moment...

arrrh (obligitory Pirate smily)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Li'l Ronnie Post
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Did BGG start a run?
The B&N's in my area are now out as near as I can tell (I got the last one at one store). If you can find one in a brick & mortar store by calling around, they will ship it for $3.99!

Gotta be worth it just to repurpose the bits, whether the game itself is any good or not!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Meh.
I syopped by and besides the aforementioned M&C, the only game that looked even marginally interesting was Smarty Party. I was hoping for some decent poker chips on the cheap, but oh well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus Kleissler
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
what sale? Didnt see no sale...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eileen Duffy
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for posting this! My son is very into ships, and I had considered getting this for him. I found a copy at 75% off; for that, he can definitely have it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schmit
United States
Menomonee Falls
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a couple board games of the scary for-old-people variety near the clearance section at my local B&N but nothing anywhere near what a Geek would even deem to look at.

My local B&N does have a regular game section too but it's mostly all trivial pursuit or cranium type stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy VanSchalkwyk
United States
Raynham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Lasers!
badge
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you
just wanted to say thank you...you posted this just minutes before i left work friday, so i swung by the B&N nearby...picked up Smarty Party for just over $6, and Gold Digger (reiner knizia) for $2.50 ....saw no copies of M&C, tho i looked, but still..great deal!

thanks again, i appreciate the heads-up!

jeremy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.