MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I do know how to search for gamers through the gamer database, but there are a lot of gamers out there that don't put their zip codes on their profiles and yet are active gamers.

There are very few game conventions or tournaments in the Upstate New York area, and believe me I've searched for them. What I'm looking for are game players in the New York Capital region (or anywhere near enough to drive to it) who would be interested in attending or helping to organize game tourneys on a regular basis - perhaps once every other month or every three months. Specifically I'm thinking of tourneys for games such as Settlers of Catan, Puerto Rico, Euphrat & Tigris, or even LOTR: The Confrontation (NoAceYet, this would be your big chance if you could get here from Jersey...), or pretty much any other game that are commonly known by game players or that can be quickly be picked up by interested new-comers.

I got jealous after seeing so many announcements for tourneys in Salt Lake City, I thought "There's gotta be plenty of people that would come to a tourney around Albany... we've got half a dozen colleges here after all, including RPI..."

So I'm casting my net for fellow gamers that want to play for fun and prizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bachman
United States
Colonie
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CD Gaming
I live in the Capital District area. There's a few meetup groups forming as well as a good sized group with an annual convention. Check them out here: http://www.swa-gaming.org/index.php

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you calling me a new-comer? arrrh

Hey, where is my report update? Do you think we can get one GG each for our upcoming report?

sauronsauronsauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
Check out my blog, Board Game Radar!!!
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you need to contact Zombie Planet on Central Ave.

They have the best 'German' game selection that I have found in the area (plus they sell for retail, not the ridiculous prices that store in the mall sells for), and they already do tourneys for CCGs and minis. I think they would probably be happy to do it, if you could show them that there would be interest. It would help them sell games, I would think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Yes, I do know how to search for gamers through the gamer database, but there are a lot of gamers out there that don't put their zip codes on their profiles and yet are active gamers.

BTW, Are you near Albany? I can't find you near me in the Database, or are you one of those active games that doesn't put their zip code in their profile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike P
United States
Castleton
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Stop! That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you ever make progress on this? I mentioned your post at a game gathering last night and there was some interest.

Just wondering if you looked into it at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.