Nuns on the Run» Forums » Variants

Subject: Alternate Visual Theme: Monster Castle or Museum Heist rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dom
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first time I looked at the board and the nuns I thought... how cool would this be if the guards were monsters (zombie / vampire / Frankenstein) and the characters were kids who were dared to go in the house after some certain object in the spooky house? zombierobot

- OR -

Art thieves each after a different painting in the museum? arrrh

- The starting rooms instead could be represented by the entrance they came through (door, window, tunnel , etc.) to enter the house.

- The game could even be adapted to have stairs to separate floors in the building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aucoin
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I always envisioned this with a Harry Potter theme.

Snape: Mr. Potter, out of the domitories after light out! Ten demerits for Griffendor!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Bizowikc wrote:

- The starting rooms instead could be represented by the entrance they came through (door, window, tunnel , etc.) to enter the house.

- The game could even be adapted to have stairs to separate floors in the building.

I like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Mucchiello
United States
Edison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
Bizowikc wrote:

I like this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maucoin wrote:

Snape: Mr. Potter, out of the domitories after light out! Ten demerits for Griffendor!

Yeah for sure, that could work too.

I suppose it would work the same for Harry Potter as it would with a Lord of the Rings or Star Wars theme. As long as it's a rich theme that would allow for expansions.

I was thinking of more generic main characters so it would be easy to add more expansions later. So having some troublesome kids seemed like it would work. The different boards could represent a different adventure for the main characters. For example on one board it could be set in Dracula or Frankenstein's Castle, in another it might be in a Werewolf's lair in the forest, a haunted house, Mummy's tomb, etc.

If the protagonist is generic they can face off against anybody. Some themes would work better as the hunter being invisible rather than the prey - but maybe they could work that into the variants somehow... maybe certain guard characters would have special abilities: decreased one stat and increase another -- ie. decrease move and increase vision and/or hearing - or - increase move and decrease vision and/or hearing.

Boiled down to the very basics:
You've got to get from point A to B to C and then back to A meanwhile there are guards/enemies wandering about the map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Fridy
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maucoin wrote:

Given I'm listening to Sorcerer's Stone on the way to work right now that's the first thing I thought of too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.