Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Quijanoth
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gone from the iTunes store...this game is one of the reasons I bought an iPad...now...no where to be found. Anyone have any insights about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mb
WHAT?!?

I hope it stays... It's a great game and well worth getting... My wife and I play together on my iphone occasionally...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still there for me.

Typo perhaps? I just typed zool and let the search box suggest the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, weird, just tried an app store search on my Ipad and it doesn't show up here either... searching directly by name shows no result (even though its an autocomplete recommendation), and when I search using "Zool" its not among the results...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Minkoff
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Don't you have better things to do?
badge
Should you be reading this?
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not an iPad app, only an iPhone/iPod app.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC when they did the last update a few weeks ago, they converted it to run on iOS4-only. Of course the iPad is still running 3.2.

Either the developers need to release a separate version that still supports pre-4.0 (unlikely) or you're stuck waiting for 4.x to make its way to iPad later this year.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quijanoth
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
etherton wrote:
IIRC when they did the last update a few weeks ago, they converted it to run on iOS4-only. Of course the iPad is still running 3.2.

Either the developers need to release a separate version that still supports pre-4.0 (unlikely) or you're stuck waiting for 4.x to make its way to iPad later this year.

-Dave

Cheers. Hopefully I can get it soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Macabee wrote:

Not sure if you have an Ipad, but you may not be aware that you can search and download Iphone apps as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Minkoff
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
Don't you have better things to do?
badge
Should you be reading this?
mbmbmbmbmb
R0B0T0 wrote:
Macabee wrote:

Not sure if you have an Ipad, but you may not be aware that you can search and download Iphone apps as well.

I don't. I have the iTouch 2g, and see the different app types in iTunes... Just tryin to help... blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
R0B0T0 wrote:
Macabee wrote:

A number of Iphone apps won't work on the Ipad, even though they can be downloaded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
R0B0T0 wrote:
Macabee wrote:

...but if they're apps that require IOS 4.x, which is as yet unavailable on iPad, that would explain an iPhone app suddenly becoming unavailable to an iPad user.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Cooley
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Me rocking out with my band, which you can hear at www.raindriver.com
mbmbmbmbmb
etherton wrote:

Not true, they made it iOS4 compatible. Big difference. Which is not to say that people haven't had trouble with the game, just that it was not intended to be iOS4 only.

I have both a first-gen iPhone and an iPad and both run it fine (my iPhone has not been updated to iOS4) in v1.20 of the game. Ran it last night in fact, with a couple of interruptions when I had to leave the game. Viewing the six comments for the latest version I see that a few people there are having issues, although given my experience with seeing what people put into comments I'd say that there isn't nearly enough feedback there to be statistically significant. There is an enormous amount of user error in the iOS community.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird. They should fix their compatibility info if 1.20 is really working on pre-4.0 devices. I just checked the itunes website and it says:

Requirements:Compatible with iPhone and iPod touch. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zooloretto/id312840471?uo=4&m...

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hunter
United Kingdom
Newcastle-under-Lyme
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I bought it for my iPad just prior to the upgrade. The upgrade won't download to my iPad so I'd say yes it is only compatible with ios4 devices.

Silly really, still I'm lucky enough to have it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.