Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious where people have been buying this?

Any thoughts on why it's not carried by the usual suspects (e.g. boardsandbits, thoughthammer) and why it's not even in the boardgameprices.com database?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
I get them direct from VPG - http://victorypointgames.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Hernandez
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
The show on solitaire boardgaming.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to recall reading that the company does not make enough of a profit margin to sell the game via third parties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are just now starting a program of selling to retailers. Our first orders are being assembled to go out the door this week. As Albert points out, our margins are thin and this does impact the price at which we can offer games to the retailers, so I won't sit here and guarantee that every major retailer will carry them.

Right now, the only definite place you can order them is via http://www.victorypointgames.com/. On our home page is an article describing our transition to having retailers carry our games. If there is a FLGS where you'd love to see our games, please send me their info via the contact link in the article and I'll get in touch.

Joshua Gottesman
Business Manager
Victory Point Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jane Doe
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua, I've recommended to my FLGS/OLGS owner that he get in touch with you regarding carrying VPG games; of course, I don't know whether that would work for your (and his) margins, being overseas. Is there an ETA on when you will be announcing the first retailers to carry your line?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Gottesman
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lady Solitas wrote:
Joshua, I've recommended to my FLGS/OLGS owner that he get in touch with you regarding carrying VPG games; of course, I don't know whether that would work for your (and his) margins, being overseas. Is there an ETA on when you will be announcing the first retailers to carry your line?

I'd prefer not to announce any until we start shipping to the retailers. We're a bit slow because right now because we are moving into new office space and one of our key production people has been in the hospital for 2 weeks so we're short-handed. I can say that we are working on a big order for a UK retailer that should be shipping soon.

Actually, we are getting a lot of interest from overseas. They are still paying based on a US price, and the Customs/Shipping cost is lower on a big order of games than on one or two games. We've had inquiries from Canada, the UK, Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Korea and Japan so far. Maybe a couple more I'm forgetting off the top of my head.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradshaw
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well here's to you getting it shipped to uk stores as I am certainly interested!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardgameGuru in the UK has 'm in stock now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Shabatowski
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered this directly from Victory Point Games. I would like to add that their quick response and professional response to my inquiry was excellent. I am very impressed with their customer service and cannot wait to speand a Sunday morning setting this up and giving it a try.

Packaging is basic and it was well insulated for an international delivery. Thanks VPG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.