Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

Once your civ goes into discontent, how do you get out of it? I know that you stop making resources so how can you build anything to make happy faces? It seems like you are stuck once you hit that point.

Thx
jonpfl
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Krupiński
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This space is available for rental
mbmbmbmbmb
produce people or disband units / destroy building to have some workers in a worker pool that will take care of unhappy people
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming you are out by one happy face, destroy one of your existing buildings (mine/farm etc.), that puts the worker back into the unused worker pool, where he will then become an entertainer, enabling you to produce.

You can then build something else to cover the gap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TwoShedsJackson wrote:
Assuming you are out by one happy face, destroy one of your existing buildings (mine/farm etc.), that puts the worker back into the unused worker pool, where he will then become an entertainer, enabling you to produce.

Huh? When a worker goes into the unused worker pool, isn't s/he still a worker and thus keeps your civ uncontent?

I do not remember seeing in the rules an unused worker being an entertainer.

Thx
jonpfl

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Krupiński
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This space is available for rental
mbmbmbmbmb
If for example you have only 1 happy face, but need three then if you have 3 workers in worker pool two of those workers are unhappy (one for each missing happy face) or as TwoShedsJackson said they're entertaining unhappy crowds
The third worker is ok and you can send it to work. Only when you send one of those unhappy workers / entertainers your civilization will be considered uncontent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conor Hickey
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
TwoShedsJackson wrote:

Huh? When a worker goes into the unused worker pool, isn't s/he still a worker and thus keeps your civ uncontent?

I do not remember seeing in the rules an unused worker being an entertainer.

Thx
jonpfl

The wording on this in the rules is unclear, to say the least, but if you have one unhappy face, a worker who is in the worker pool is considered both discontent and in the worker pool at the same time, so he can't be put to work (as in actually placed on a mine/farm etc) without sending your civ into revolt.

But if he remains in the pool he stays discontent, but doesn't cause revolt as he is not actually being put to work. He's technically available to work, by being in the pool, but he's not actually physically doing any work, by being on a tech card. It straightens it out in my head if I think of him as an entertainer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it's easier to think as him as a discontent worker, who doesn't want to work. If you send the police and force him to work, then he'll revolt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Since this rule is simular to the Civ computer games, I think of him as an entertainer (who looks just like Elvis).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.