4 Posts

D-Day at Omaha Beach» Forums » Rules

Subject: 3 questions from newbie. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Koba
Faroe Islands
msg tools
A WN is elligable for 2 hits. One US infantry unit is already disrupted from a prevoius fire but it is in the sporadic field of fire from this WN. I check the fire tables, and it says that the US unit recieves a disrupted marker (which it already has, so nothing happens).

1. In this case, has the WN expended one of its elligable hits?

Similar question:
A WN nest is elligable for 1 hit. In the steady field of fire, there's an armoured tank, and in the sporadic field of fire there's an infantry units. These are the only units in its field of fire.

2. Does the WN nest expend its only elligable hit on the tank, which doesn't take any damage, as it's in it's steady field of fire? Or am I supposed to ignored the armoured target and go directly to sporadic field of fire looking for inantry targets?

3. Is NON-self propelled artillery an infantry unit elligable for self-preservation move? (I would guess not).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. No. Also worth noting, an infantry unit can get a disrupted marker from one WN position and receive a hit causing step loss from another WN position in the same fire phase.

2. Unless the WN is firing anti-armor this round, armored units are not eligible to be hit. Continue looking for other targets.

3. No. Only infantry units can take the self-preservation move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kubigaruma wrote:
Also worth noting, an infantry unit can get a disrupted marker from one WN position and receive a hit causing step loss from another WN position in the same fire phase.

I beg to differ here. My understanding of the rules and answers of Mr Butterfield here and in CSW is that you try to maximize hits from all WN activated, but never a unit gets hit twice.

In your example, the unit would get hit and loss a step instead of being disrupted. The disrupting WN would either find another target or be wasted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Koba
Faroe Islands
msg tools
Quote from rulebook 6.33:

"A unit may be disrupted by fire from one position and lose a step as a result of fire from another position in the same Fire Phase."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.