Subject: Couple M11 Rules questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been playing some M11 with my brothers and having a blast. We are all new to Magic and are really enjoying the gameplay on a casual level.

Got a couple rules questions for the experts out there:

1. I have Infantry Veteran, Stormfront Pegasus, and Goblin Tunneler in play. I tap Goblin Tunneler to make Stormfront Pegasus unblockable, since Stormfront Pegasus is a 2 power creature. Can I then tap Infantry Veteran to give Stormfront Pegasus +1/+1, or would that make him blockable again because he is no longer power 2 or less?

2. Magma Phoenix does 3 damage to all creatures and players when it is put into the graveyard. Does that include Planeswalkers? They can be targeted like players but they don't actually fit into the players or creatures category.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Hansolo88 wrote:
Can I then tap Infantry Veteran to give Stormfront Pegasus +1/+1, or would that make him blockable again because he is no longer power 2 or less?

Yes you can.

Quote:
2. Magma Phoenix does 3 damage to all creatures and players when it is put into the graveyard. Does that include Planeswalkers? They can be targeted like players but they don't actually fit into the players or creatures category.

No. Planeswalkers are not creatures or players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Tey
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a follow up question on number 2.

So your Magma dude would do 3 damage to the player. If this damage is not prevented or redirected, you can then decide if it will go on to hit the player OR a planeswalker he controls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, technically I guess I did know that, but the "flavor" of the Magma Phoenix card's nuke type ability was confusing me. It seemed intended to do 3 damage to both players and everything in play. However, the specific wording of the Planeswalker rules does seem like it would work out as you say. Since I control Magma Phoenix, I would have the option of assigning the 3 damage to my opponent directly or to a Planeswalker he controls.

I suppose this means that if I also had a Planeswalker in play, I could also assign the damage that I would have received to my Planeswalker as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Koopmans
Canada
St Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hansolo88 wrote:

I suppose this means that if I also had a Planeswalker in play, I could also assign the damage that I would have received to my Planeswalker as well?

A source of damage you control cannot be redirected towards a planeswalker you control. The same reason prevents something like Redirect from changing the target of your lightning bolt back to you and then directing that damage to your own planeswalker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.