Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Card game galore rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Håkan König
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My friends Morgan and Erik came over for one of our usual gamenights. First in over a month this time which is unusually long for us.

As I wrote in this geeklist ( http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist.php3?action=view&listi... ) I had bought some games that I gave away and this was the first chance we had to play item 1&2 from that list, Waterworks and Boomtown. We managed to miss a few rules on our first try of Ww so we restarted that after the deck run out. Erik won the second try. I can't say I was too impressed with it, but we did have some fun playing rather nasty cards on each other so I think we'll see it againonce in a while. Don't think it'öö stand many replays though.

Boomtown was a very pleasant experience and one I expect to hit the table as a filler on many more occasions. The auction aspect of things made it very interesting as we didn't quite knew how to value the cards on the table. I think I overbid a few things in the endgame and while I had a huge advantage from mayors d10-3 and mines d10-4d10-8, my lack of 1db lost me the game to Morgan who had the most 5db. Anyway, Erik who had the early 5db could not convert it into mines/points at the end and ended up way behind and my gf who looked as if she was for once doing quite well also made a few miscalculations in the end and ended up last.

For the last game of the evening I chose Bohnanza, adding the beans from the expansion, La Isla Bohnitâ and High Bohn so we played with all beans from 12 to 28... Longest Bohnanza I've played, but I don't think it was the highest scoring though. Many times we had to harvest for 2 or 3 gold because there was a bit too many beans for only 4 players. Quite fun with all trading and a very close end: E31,M30,gf27,H21. In one way the worst game of Bohnanza I've played - I've never felt so much that I never got anything useful out of neither trades nor card draw. Seemed like I was always one bean short of a good harvest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.