Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Heroscape for 7 yr old? I Need advice. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Boyat
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
My daughter always gets jealous on game-night when her Dads' friends come over for a little "D&D" or "A Game of Thrones". So, I want to ask those who have played "Heroscape" if it is basic enough for my seven year old daughter, She's very bright and already does well in math and reading. I wait with baited breath gulp.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ava Jarvis
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, verily.

More of a question of whether she'll like that kind of game or not. What kinds of things does she like?

And there are other, cheaper options than Heroscape, although if she would be happy with Heroscape, her father probably would too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jefF, There are some who call me... DuneKitteh
United States
Wood Dale
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dune Kitty really does love you, despite any asshattery.
badge
Useless rollover, booya! Dune Kitty says, "deal with it."
mbmbmbmbmb
While I don't have any children of my own to make a direct assessment, I believe a 7 year old can easily grasp the basic version of the game rules (best part is eventually you can work up to the advanced rules, which aren't that much more complicated anyway, as she gets older and if she likes the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, don't worry. My 6-year-old does just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
My 5 year old has kicked my butt in the master game.

Freakin Ne-Gok-Sa mindshackles my dragon... stupid attempt that worked...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cavaliere
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes..
she'll understand the game easily. As Ava said though, it's a matter if she'll like that kind of game. My son is 7 and loves wargames, dice rolling, etc. My daughter however will only occasionally play a game like this. If you're going to invest in HeroScape I'd try something similar with her first (unless of course this is a good reason for you to buy it for yourself - I know I do that kind of thing all the time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Owen
United States
Norwich
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Five and Nine
I have a five-year-old boy who wants to play very badly and grasps some of the basic concepts, but nees a lot of help, and a nine-year-old girl who kicks tail often enough in the Master Game. I'd say a 7-year-old will understadn the game and will probably enjoy playing a game with Dad, just for the social aspects of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Leveille
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should just explain to your children that games are for grown-ups, not little kids.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Boyat
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Thanks Everyone.....
Great advice! I appreciate all of your time. My daughter loves the D&D aspect of gaming, along with miniatures, and I think she'll take to this one. I just didn't want to get something that sounds easy, until you open the box and there are so many exceptions to every rule that a child gets lost. Thanks again everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.