Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Bivins

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) When the party enters a new location, they recieve 1 conquest, then they can choose whether to enter the dungeon or not. When is that location explored? Only if they enter the dungeon, or once the location is "explored"? I think it's only if they enter the dungeon...

2) When a lieutenant is reinforcing in a Lt. encounter, he can only reinforce one monster of the appropriate type per turn?

3)When buying overlord and especially avatar upgrades, can you buy upgrades more than once total? I've seen some session reports where the Overlord has taken "Toughened" more than once. This isn't legal, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Depends on what you mean by "explored". Basically, the first time the move to the dungeon, they get 1XP. Once they enter the dungeon, they can never enter the dungeon again (but can move to that dungeon space on the overland map).

2) The rules don't actually limit to one monster type, so it's hard to say. The rules for the Lt section give the cost for reinforcing one monster, but don't they the Lt is limited to only one monster per turn. I would probably play it that if you have the threat, you can reinforce as many monsters as you want to pay for.

3) There is more than one Toughened Card, so you can buy that as many cards as there are (which is the point, since you can only buy one upgrade per game week, sometimes those last few weeks in a campaign matter).

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Bivins

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Shnar, I didn't realize there was more than one toughened card.

Sounds like #2 is up for debate and not cleared in any rules?

Another quick question: do players still recieve 50 gold for killing master monsters? I assume so, since it's not overruled in the RtL rulebook or FAQ, but it seems like a silly thing to completely leave out. If this is true, do only master, non-named, monsters give the extra benefit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, when it's not overruled, the rule still exists (within RtL contexts, for example, the Overlord earns 3CTs when he draws his last card, rather than the heroes losing 3CTs). You get 50 coins for all non-named Master Monsters (which is the rule in basic, named monsters don't have bounties on them).

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.