Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Sanderson
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know there must be some sort of way to "re-bend," as it were, figures that are bent incorrectly. My copy shipped with a few things not right. . . . For instance, Kat's sword is bent wrong, not straight, and the zombies are tottering forward a little too much and don't sit level on the board. Is there a way to fix these things?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This "soft" plastic feels similar to FFG, Zombies!!! and other miniature-heavy board games out there. Usually, letting the miniature sit in hot (almost boiling) water for a few seconds makes it very supple and bendable. Bend the bent part back into shape, then immediately dip it in cold water to allow it to harden again.

Note, I have [b]not[/i] tried this on Castle Ravenloft figures, so do not know if it will work or even damage the figure further, and I do not claim that it will do so, I am merely reporting on the experience I've had with other similar miniatures. You take the life of your miniature in your own hands.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Rose
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few of my minis were bent, but the dragonborn fighter was leaning so bad, it would topple over. I did use the hot/cold water method and he is standing up straight without any problems. I just ran the bent section under hot water from the tap for about 30 seconds, straightened out the bent section, and held it straight while I ran it under cold water from the tap for another 30 seconds.

After several days, the figure is still fine. The only other figures that need straightening are one of the kobolds' spears and the ranger's sword.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sanderson
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great, I'm going to try these methods tonight. It sounds far simpler than I had originally envisioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have bought more than 100 of these miniatures (in painted form from the D&D figure line); I've unbent any problem ones simply by filling a mug with boiling water and dropping the bent miniature into it. After 20-30s, remove it and drop it into a mug of cold water.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sanderson
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
HisDivineShadow wrote:
I have bought more than 100 of these miniatures (in painted form from the D&D figure line); I've unbent any problem ones simply by filling a mug with boiling water and dropping the bent miniature into it. After 20-30s, remove it and drop it into a mug of cold water.

Wouldn't that just heat and then cool the mini in the same position, though? Don't you need to hold the figure in the proper position for it to harden that way?

I tried it a few times now and they seem to slowly revert back to the postures I don't want. Maybe I'm not heating/cooling them long enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jools Thomas
Japan
Takarazuka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The plastic "remembers" its original position and (as if by magic) goes back to normal. I've done it more times than I can count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Watson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dystopialand wrote:
Wouldn't that just heat and then cool the mini in the same position, though? Don't you need to hold the figure in the proper position for it to harden that way?

I've never needed to do that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Taylor
United States
Mission Viejo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to fix my drooping lightsabers from the Star Wars Minis game by holding them up to a hot light (usually a standing halogen, or any hot light bulb will do.)

You can usually watch and see when the mini hits its "bendy" point, and I would let gravity undroop the bent lightsaber back to its happy straight position. Usually I could help it along once it was hot enough. Then once it cooled, it was good to go.

Seemed a little more convenient and less dangerous than dealing with boiling water.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Zaback

Washington
msg tools
You can also try using a hair dryer to heat up your bent miniatures. You should see them return to their original shape, or you'll notice when they start to get soft and can then straighten them by hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.