THE Greek 444
Greece
flag msg tools
... Sun's first steps on the sky.The rogue woke up. As soon as he realized that he had to find a way out of this unholy place he draw his sword and kissed his lucky coin ... He took the left side ...Bad decision...A wraith on his way...This cold creature unleased its power. But our hero managed to avoid most of the damage. He thought .."Run dude run ...it s a matter of time not of a duel ... He moved his spead and hoped for the best... Some nasty ghouls tried to cut his way.Nah...Rogue was in the mood and with some fine rolls he managed to kill most of them.
But(there is always a "but") after he took a turn right (dungeon tile number 7) a skeleton cut his road and managed to hurt him pretty nasty...(healing token away). He tried to remember and use every trick and art he possesed(sneak attack etc).He moved on, after killing a blazzing skeleton and a kobold.Then he looked up ... The sun was diving behind the lonely mountains of tears...He couldnt estimate how much time he was wondering into the crypts. But his was pretty sure that time was running out now..He remembered those red evil eyes... All of a sudden a cold sounless sound made him freeze... Lord of the night was awaken ...Strahd was out of his unholy coffin..."You ll never get out of here alive". These words travelled throught the hallways direct to our hero's ears.
Rogue unleased every power he had."Now or never ...he thought. As a wraith was behing his neck, a nasty ghoul in the shadows was waiting for the right moment..Rogue decided to fight the wraith even if his health was one token away before death. With a briliant snipe shot he managed to kill it.Our hero had 5 points of experience to spend in case of a nasty encounter...He was one tile away of the secret stairways...!! Maybe after all i may have childrens and a wife and a lazy life to spend...he thought. He was breathing again..Lord of darkness was not to close...
BYT the ghoul jumped out of its corner and found the chance to byte him in the leg ...The rogue dident expect that. He was sure that the path was clear ... He couldent run.The ghoul started to byte every piece of the rogue's body .. As life was fading away from our hero ...he kissed his lucky coin..and thought... Maybe nobody is waiting for me out there...So be it ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this a shared experience thread, where people can tell their tales of woe and failure cool ?

I'll just add my brief synopsis from today's game in any case. Adventure 1, going in with the Fighter. First death, tile 3 surprise! Second death, tile 4 cry ! Uses second Healing Surge + Unstoppable, so sitting on 7HP. New tile, monster is Gargoyle, so now he controls (in activation order): Wolf, Blazing Skeleton, Wraith and Gargoyle (also has Spear Gauntlet Trap a couple of tiles back). This tile is the fourth black triangle tile, Encounter: Frenzy (each monster activates twice). XP? Oh, 3, so can't cancel. Arjhan managed to miss almost everything during the game, killing Ghoul on turn 2 and Rat Swarm with his Dragon's Breath (but missed all other monsters on the tile). Yeah, 8 attacks made rather short work of 7HP.

Done Adv 1 now once with each Hero, Fighter did by far the worst. Ranger and Rogue both won, Cleric and Wizard died one tile short of revealing the Secret Stairway. Fighter dying only 5 tiles in was an absolute shocker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anselmo Diaz
United Kingdom
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played this scenario twice so far. First time with the fighter, I lost. Second time with the Cleric, I won!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D D
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Those bytes in the legs will get you EVERY time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.