Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, after reading some of the complaints about ravenloft, i had an idea.
some people were saying the map layout did matter too much because all roads lead to the goal.

I don't own the game so fingers crossed something like this isn't already in it.

so here we go.

I created 4 double sided pressure pad tiles, for use in homebrew scenarios,

example.each time you come across a corner tile, place a pressure pad randomly.
your then required to press the pressure pads in order from 1 to 4 to unlock the treasure hidden in the chapel.

or

each character (upto four) is required to be standing on the pressure pads at the same time to unleash the dracolich, to slay it for good.

i'd be more than happy if some other talent individuals created some awesome scenarios with these in mind.
Should turn up the difficulty a little too.

theres a pdf available here, if there any problem let me know, once i know they are ok i'll upload to bgg. http://www.mediafire.com/file/0jcso1veco81vgm/Pressure%20Pad...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sanderson
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Awesome!

Another idea is just as simple. Place a pressure tile randomly (or according to some sort of system) on a tile, and the player has a choice. End their Hero Phase on it and see what happens. Roll the die - if you roll a 1-10, pick an Encounter Card. If you roll 11-20, choose a treasure card.

[Edit]: Or, just put "Treasure" or "Encounter" on the back of two tiles each instead of the numbers, and then draw whichever comes up when you flip the pad over. Draw the pads randomly from a cup, obviously, when placing on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Hinz
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
or even while someone stands on this pressure pad, no encounters occur for characters on the same tile. (would make it easier,but if you only have melee character might mean one of them is unable to attack.

or even, you have to find and press pressure pad 1 to unlock the door you used to come down into the dungeon.
pressing any other pad number (2-4) creates 3 monsters on that tile.

pad2 : 3 kobolds (or upto if some are already on the board elsewhere.)
pad3 : 3 skeletons
etc

or even just 3 random monsters.
the whole goal would be just to escape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.