Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Weaver
United States
Denver
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the news: Jay Tummelson of Rio Grande Games Reveals Title of Next Dominion Expansion in Our Exclusive TGG Interview
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It seems odd to me that the next expansion would have a title that sounds very similar in theme to Prosperity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Jets
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Maybe its a Cornucopia of actions. +3 action cards anyone?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fizzmore wrote:
It seems odd to me that the next expansion would have a title that sounds very similar in theme to Prosperity.

Agreed. A cornucopia is a traditional symbol of prosperity and abundance.

If I had to guess, I'd say that it means it'll be an eclectic set, with the cornucopia meant to evoke variety. It's possible that we'll be getting the other half of what Alchemy used to be in early 2012 and that Cornucopia will be a small set containing a variety of cards that didn't fit in any other set.

That's all just my speculation, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Man. Dominion was suppose to be my "cheap" itch for CCG. At this pace I might as well go back to MtG Kidding of course. This game rocks and any news of expansions is good news to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uniconfis wrote:
Man. Dominion was suppose to be my "cheap" itch for CCG. At this pace I might as well go back to MtG :) Kidding of course. This game rocks and any news of expansions is good news to me.

Yea. Better be. :) It's still cheaper than any ccg I ever played. Especially because only one person in your game group has to collect it. It doesn't hurt if your friends do too. And even if they did collect it too, it's still cheaper than any ccg.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gf1024 wrote:
And I was planning to relax in the winter...

Well, you can. Cause it won't be released until Spring 2011.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
gf1024 wrote:

I think it will be sooner than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Weaver
United States
Denver
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
Great Dane wrote:
gf1024 wrote:

I think it will be sooner than that.

At this rate, it might be out before Prosperity!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam N
United States
flag msg tools
I would bet it will have more agriculturally themed cards. Prosperity in terms of food as opposed to money. Maybe +Cards, +Actions and nature attack cards like Drought?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
uniconfis wrote:
Man. Dominion was suppose to be my "cheap" itch for CCG. At this pace I might as well go back to MtG Kidding of course. This game rocks and any news of expansions is good news to me.

You can buy every Dominion card ever released so far for less than a single box of booster packs for Magic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neo42 wrote:
Yea. Better be. It's still cheaper than any ccg I ever played. Especially because only one person in your game group has to collect it. It doesn't hurt if your friends do too. And even if they did collect it too, it's still cheaper than any ccg.

Dormammu wrote:
You can buy every Dominion card ever released so far for less than a single box of booster packs for Magic.

Trust me, I know all too well about CCG (Magic, Starwars CCG). Those were my games of choice 15 years ago. probably spend somewhere close to $500 on my cards. Dominion is a nice breath of fresh air cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
uniconfis wrote:
Trust me, I know all too well about CCG (Magic, Starwars CCG). Those were my games of choice 15 years ago. probably spend somewhere close to $500 on my cards. Dominion is a nice breath of fresh air cool
If you only spent $500, you got out cheap. There was a month where I bought a booster box a week. gulp shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Gische
United States
San Carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
uniconfis wrote:
If you only spent $500, you got out cheap. There was a month where I bought a booster box a week. gulp shake

Until you start talking about cases, you weren't seriously in debt to Magic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about buy Dominion, open it, riffle through the cards, then try and resell it for profit.

Can't do it.

M:tG? I think you can if you hit the right rares/uncommons? You tell me, Mr. dealer...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nuno Bizarro Sentieiro
Portugal
Leiria
flag msg tools
designer
#WYGAME
badge
#NBS# at WYG
mbmbmbmbmb
Enough is enough ... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drinky Drinky
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Mr. Cat. Hold on I think I know my next move, just give me another minute....NO!!!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nevermind more cards.

They need to sell me a way to sort and carry them all.

Also I would rather them sell the cards that are nothing but the coinage, land, and curses for easy mixing with Seaside and Prosperity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Jaeppel
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xtpd wrote:
I would bet it will have more agriculturally themed cards. Prosperity in terms of food as opposed to money. Maybe +Cards, +Actions and nature attack cards like Drought?

I am pretty much certain of this. Of the eight victory token mats included with prosperity, two have images from the prosperity box, two from seaside, one from vineyard in Alchemy, and three that i havent seen in any Dominion art, all in a very agricultural theme. Is there any explanation but that these boards are easter-eggs for the new set?

And then there is this game Agricola, which is hugely popular (i dont understand why). Seems a good move to try to win over the Farmville crowd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Volk
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jaeppel wrote:
Of the eight victory token mats included with prosperity, two have images from the prosperity box, two from seaside, one from vineyard in Alchemy, and three that i havent seen in any Dominion art, all in a very agricultural theme.
I can't seem to find an image of the mats and I do not own a copy of Prosperity, but if memory serves, I believe the three images you are referring to are from the cover art of the German version of Dominion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Jaeppel
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BaconSnake wrote:
jaeppel wrote:
Of the eight victory token mats included with prosperity, two have images from the prosperity box, two from seaside, one from vineyard in Alchemy, and three that i havent seen in any Dominion art, all in a very agricultural theme.
I can't seem to find an image of the mats and I do not own a copy of Prosperity, but if memory serves, I believe the three images you are referring to are from the cover art of the German version of Dominion.

A photo of all of the tiles can be found here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/808213/dominion-prosperit...

Actually, on second look, I did find two of those three images on the box cover of Dominion base set. Sort of. The image showing a farmhouse with cows in the feild and a wagon on the road is taken from the box, but there are no cows or or wagon... they were added. Also the couple walking tile has a number of agricultural type things added (including the farmer-couple walking).

That still leaves one prosperity tile with no explanation, the reddish one, with more farmer types walking in an autumn field. Notice that the same couple is in this image, very small at the end of the road.

So does this mean we are about to have some worker meeples walking around on our formerly empty fields?

Easter eggs....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Volk
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, from that photo:

Top Left: Not sure...
Top Center: Seaside
Top Right: Base set, but with spears replaced by cows...
Middle Left: Prosperity
Middle Center: Prosperity
Middle Right: Alchemy (Vineyard)
Bottom Left: Intrigue
Bottom Middle: Trade Route
Bottom Right: Seaside

I think the one on the bottom left is the one you are confused about. I'm confused about the top left one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Newton
United Kingdom
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
In the interest of giving credit where credit is due, my avatar is a scan of a hand-drawn caricature by cartoonist Jim Naylor which was done at my company's 20th anniversary dinner.
mbmbmbmbmb
The top left and top right are both from the artwork at the front of the rules booklet in the base game.

They actually overlap - the head of the man carrying stuff on his back and the same cart are in both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manchuwok
Canada
Mission
BC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's next? Domincassonne?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Planet
Canada
Burnaby
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, Dominion of Catan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McGill
United States
Laconia
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
As featured in Eminent Domain!
mbmbmb
Must have gotten cold in Canada already. Those jokes were on ice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.