Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Seattle area gamers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian
Denmark
København
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Currently I reside in the dormitories at the university of Wahington, and only get a chance to game with my friends in the dorm, so I was wondering about other gamers in the Seattle area.

If we can get enough of us, we should look into making a Seattle gaming club of sorts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a ton
although many of them are not public groups. Some that are, (though none are in Seattle proper)

Third Place Spielers: Meet Sunday afternoons at Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park. See

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/thirdplacespielers

for info.

A group meets at Genesis Games and Gizmos in Redmond, (next to the Bella Botega theatre) on tuesday nights at 6:30 PM.

A group meets at Uncle's games, in the Redmond Towne Center on Friday nights, starting at 7PM.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
worth a try?
It has been years since I saw this place last, but in your 'area' on "the Ave", there USED to be a 'Game Store' in that little 'Mini-Mall' place. See if they are still around, and then down "the Ave" further-to the North, past where the "Jack-in-the-Box" is on '50th St.', there was another 'smaller Game store'-on the opposite side of the Street at around where '51st St.' might 'be', but I don't know if either of them is still around. In fact, we even HAD a 'Game Club' that would meet in "the HUB" (or 'Student Union Building'), in the 'Upper Rooms', on Saturdays and sometimes Sundays, so you might want to START one up again! The 'guys' that were involved in THAT then went on to start their OWN 'Game Club' over in 'Ballard' called "the Seattle Metro Gamers"(and NO, they are NOT 'Metro-Sexual' as far as I 'know'~but SO WHAT if they 'were'!) It is located JUST next door to the 'Mc~Ds' on '45th St.' and they are still around I believe, and could sure use the 'business'. Try some Bookstores or even schedule to USE a 'Conference Room' at the local Public Library for "Games Day". Make UP a 'flier' with contact info and a phone number to contact YOU at, and maybe 'dedicate' an "answering machine" to taking messages from folks interested in this and have them 'note' WHICH 'Games' they are wanting to PLAY as well as a means to get back to them. Good Luck and Good Gaming.
cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Metro Seattle Gamers
Yes, they are still there, but they are far more wargame oriented, AND they charge a membership fee. they are like 5 blocks from my house, but I've never been in there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ava Jarvis
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seattle Cosmic is huge. Many gamers.

http://www.ludism.org/sc/

For me this made game night rather chaotic. I generally stay on the island these days and game on random nights with close friends. But Seattle Cosmic game nights are every week (in a different location) and the number of people means that you never lack a chance to game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Reinert
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Currently I reside in the dormitories at the university of Wahington, and only get a chance to game with my friends in the dorm, so I was wondering about other gamers in the Seattle area.

If we can get enough of us, we should look into making a Seattle gaming club of sorts

If you haven't found it yet, check out Metro Seattle Gamers
at http://www.dragonflight.org/msg/. They meet several times per week near Ballard and play a wide variety games. They also run Dragon Flight, the annual Seattle gaming con held each August.

I think this is exactly what you were looking for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Metro Seattle Gamers
I frequent MSG, and yes, they do charge a fee (they have to pay rent, after all!) but it's pretty reasonable - check the link above for details. I typically go Monday nights as I'm usually too busy to go on the weekends, and we rarely play any 'war' type games. Can't say the same for the weekend (I think they do though). Even on the weekends, there's usually enough people there who will play anything... I've found it a pretty easy going group. I'd suggest giving it a try if you're having a hard time coming up with people to play with...

And there's a newer gaming store somewhere around the Ave... don't remember where, and I've never been to it, just heard of it. You may also want to check the Yellow Pages, visit some stores and see if they have bulletin boards with people looking to game (probably more for RPG and Miniatures, but you might find something).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
Denmark
København
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whoa! I had no idea there was a store on the ave! I live about 2 minutes from the ave, and I have only found a single gaming store in seattle, that takes me half an hour to bus to!

If anyone is ever interested in playing some new games, I own some good ones, including 7 ages! I'm always down for playing more games, just drop me a line!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.