Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

image thanks to domcrap.

Wits and Wagers Family is an interesting and fun game that can be played with a large or small group of people. It can be played individually or in teams. The object of this game is to answer extremely random questions which more than likely no one will get the exact answer and then betting on the answer that you believe is correct or the closest to what the real answer maybe without your answer being higher than the real answer to gain as many points as possible and the first person or team to reach a score of 15 points is the winner. This game is very easy to learn and has a good replay value as there are a lot of questions and you will be lucky if you can remember the answer to them all.

A few examples of these extremely random questions are:
1. How many Americans watched Michael Jackson's memorial service on TV?
2. How many people participated in the worlds largest food fight?

You are a genius if you can answer these correctly, I think thats what makes it fun is that all of your answers are a pot luck guess which also makes it easy for kids to join in.

My kids playing Wits & Wagers Family!

The components in the game include a tray of 150 question cards with 2 questions on each card (300 questions all up), answers are on the back of the cards, 6 coloured answer boards, 5 eraser pens and 5 sets of large and small Meeples to be used for wagering which are coloured to match the answer boards, plus a score card. There are 6 answer boards in total although one of the boards remain in the centre of the table at all times. This board has the number 1 on it and can also be used to wager on if you don't believe the other answers are correct.

image thanks to endersgame

Each player chooses a colour in which they take their answer board and large and small meeple. One of the players can be nominated to read the questions in which all players must then choose an answer and write it onto their board. Once all answers have been written on the boards, each player places their board in a row in the middle of the table with the numbers in order from the lowest to the highest. Each player then takes their large and small Meeples and places them on the answer that they believe to either be correct or the closest possible answer. If you are feeling confident you can bet on your own answer by placing both of your Meeples on your board, otherwise you can place your Meeples onto any answer board you like in hope that this may score you points.

image thanks to endersgame

Once all players have placed their bets with their Meeples on an answer board, the answer is then revealed. The closest answer to the real answer without going higher than the answer gains 1 point for their answer, any large Meeples on that answer card gain 2 points and any small Meeples gain 1 point. There is a possibility to score anywhere up to 4 points on a single question, that is if your answer was correct and you were confident enough to believe in yourself. Once the answer has been revealed, points are then scored, all boards are taken back by each player in which you can wipe off your answer and another question is asked. This continues until any one player reaches a score of 15 points.

Seriously this is a game with a difference which is enjoyable for family game nights or even with a group of friends. Highly recommended, this is a great game for myself as I am no genius and I love the random answers to extremely random questions.

I rate this game an 8/10
This review was completed by Wife of Meeple1.
Thanks and hope you enjoy playing Family Wits and Wagers!

Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb

A big thanks and thumbsup to Dominic Crapuchettes who is the designer of this game and who kindly gave my family a copy of Wits and Wagers Family along with Wits and Wagers. Seriously generous.kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmb
I just wish Wits & Wagers Family was available in UK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnBandettini wrote:
I just wish Wits & Wagers Family was available in UK.

I don't think it is available in Australia yet as well!
That's another reason why my family is thankful of domcrap sending it to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnBandettini wrote:
I just wish Wits & Wagers Family was available in UK. :(

Yeah, I know where you're coming from. It looks like a seriously great family game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.