Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Burbach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone come up with a good solution for problem with the bases that come with Z-man's version of the game? For those who don't know what I'm talking about, see the picture in gallery. The slot in the bases is wider than the thickness of the cardboard figures. Is there some place that sells these types of bases for different thicknesses?

By the way, I really like this game. It's a great game for the end of the night when you don't want to think too much. Also, I really think it could accomodate more players with a few rule tweaks. Finally, an expansion with new characters would be great!

OK that's it for now.

Frank

PS: What's up with the graphics on the board.gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't figured out how to fix it yet...maybe squeezing the bases closer together--or wrapping a strands of tape around the bases to make the gap more narrow. It was a bit of a pain, but nothing that got in the way or made anyone think twice about the game. If you come up with something that works well, please let us know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't you just use a folded piece of paper as a filler? From the picture in the gallery it seems that would work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just cut small pieces off the insert and glued them to the bottom of each athlete. Voila, problem solved:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Burbach
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We used folded paper the first time we played. Not a biggy, but I'm wondering if there is a more permanent solution. I like Neil's idea, but I have to get over my phobia about cutting and gluing game components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
Noom-noom-Numeron, send us food to chew-mer-on.
badge
Ed's chunk just spun in place, forever.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was actually glad that the stands don't fit the cardboard pieces very well. It would have been bad news if the stands dug into the cardboard because they're swapped in and out of the stands every round. It wouldn't take many games to get some pretty shredded cardboard!

The cardboard stands up in the stands fine and they can be moved as long as you slide the piece/stand across the board instead of trying to pick it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hulgan
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank Burbach wrote:
Has anyone come up with a good solution for problem with the bases that come with Z-man's version of the game?

Put small binder clips on all the runners. I'll try to upload a photo later. Basically clip the bottom and remove the metal arms and you're done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played this for the first time yesterday. My friend Dan used the stands from Star Wars: Jedi Unleashed. They were almost perfect. Certainly the runners fit snugly and also there are a lot of stands in the game so you can have enough for all the runners. It looks like you can find it fairly inexpensively on Ebay and Amazon.

Another thing to try could be these from Board Game Designs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Plainwell
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mi cabasa esta muy verde
badge
Et in Vantasia ego
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are some shots of the runners using bases from Star Wars: Jedi Unleashed.

You can find it pretty cheaply - bases fit nicely, look good and it comes with enough bases for all of the runners so you don't have to re-base them - I did have to ditch the insert but no great loss IMO.

Sorry this one is blurry I was trying to get a super duper close up and apparently I suck as a photog. You get the idea though I think.

All the runners based in the box!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Conley
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short not to live it up a little!
mbmbmbmbmb
FINALLY got a copy of the game and it looks like great fun!

Re. stands, FFG makes theirs. Not sure how they'd work, but I assume they're the same ones from Arkham Horror...

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.