Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Guardians of Graxia» Forums » General

Subject: Not a good customer service... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Moonho KIM
South Korea
Seoul
n/a
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
at last i got a reply from Petroglyphgames regarding missing card...
but they asked me to send a stamped self addressed envelop for sending a missing card!!! they ask a customer to spend additinal money for their fault...
it's like selling a shirt without a button or selling a car without a wiper and then asking to pay shipping cost to send a missing part...
i definitely don't think it's a good attitude to a customer...
i'm really sorry to have their 3 games in my bookshelf...actually one is on it's way...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's weird.
I had a few cards that sticked together, ruining some of them. I took a picture and asked Petroglyph for replacements. They sent me new cards on the very same day I wrote the mail. No problems with postage.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moonho KIM
South Korea
Seoul
n/a
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
That's weird.
I had a few cards that sticked together, ruining some of them. I took a picture and asked Petroglyph for replacements. They sent me new cards on the very same day I wrote the mail. No problems with postage.

that's really weird...who was your point of contact?
i got a direct mail from one of managers of Petroglyphgames...

a company policy might have been changed for a while...
or maybe someone is a customer in the meantime someone is not...

more weird thing is one customer has to conguratulate another on his luck...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote to graxia@petroglyphgames.com
Got a response from a guy named Mathew Anderson.

Hope that helps.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moonho KIM
South Korea
Seoul
n/a
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
I wrote to graxia@petroglyphgames.com
Got a response from a guy named Mathew Anderson.

Hope that helps.

exact same address and personnel...
thanks anyway mr. pedersen...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah...I agree... that is a shame! Look at the Others FFGs, DoW, Eagle Games... all with GREAT Customer service!!! I know Petroglyph is a small company but c'mon already! What is a cost of a stamp and an envelope versus losing a customer!?!? They should back their product whatever the cost!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

thanks to all for this thread. I think about buying Guardians of Graxia. Not sure yet, have to read the rules completely. Did anyone else experienced the same as Moonho KIM? Did the things change in a year? (I guess not really, but who knows...)

gizmomarx wrote:
at last i got a reply from Petroglyphgames regarding missing card...
but they asked me to send a stamped self addressed envelop for sending a missing card!!!

Is it possible to play solo (as my games will be 99% solo) without that card? By the way, which card was it?

holywolfman wrote:
Yeah...I agree... that is a shame! Look at the Others FFGs, DoW, Eagle Games... all with GREAT Customer service!!! I know Petroglyph is a small company but c'mon already! What is a cost of a stamp and an envelope versus losing a customer!?!? They should back their product whatever the cost!

I agree fully! Also comparing with the small publisher Plaid Hat Games. They put a revised Champion card in every Summoner Wars product, that you buy from them, for no additional cost!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.