Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Pirat/Korsar for two rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam V.
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Most of the reviews I've read on Pirat/Korsar by Knizia deal with how the game plays with several players. I was wondering how it plays one-on-one? I usually play with my wife, so if it's not a good one-on-one, it probably wouldn't be worth it for me. Could anyone let me know? We enjoy games like Balloon Cup, Odin's Ravens and Lost Cities, and this seemed like it might be along those lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katie Harris
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
My husband and I like all the games you listed too. We bought this game roughly last summer. We've only played it once because we didn't have much luck with it. It was okay; but definitely nothing special for two players. It feels like a partnership trick-taking game, along the lines of bridge. If you have ever played bridge 2-player (I have and think it stinks), then you have an ideal how this would work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Re:Pirat/Korsar for two
In my more recent of the two times I've played this game, we had three players and even that seemed too few. There were a few moments with tough decisions, but it was very hard to sneak a ship under the rador with so few players. For most of the game, our tendency was to deal with each Merchant vessel as it came out, then move on to the next.

I suspect that with a few clever modifications to the rules, it might be improved to be played by two. But my suspicion is countered by my question that if such a modification were possible, wouldn't Knizia have thought of it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.