Thumb up
2 Posts

Axis & Allies: 1942» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dirk Diggler
msg tools
My friends and I have been discussing movement over seazones connected to land zones and how many movement points are needed.

Let me give you an example.

Lets say I want to bring a fighter from Western Europe along with a bomber from Germany to the UK fleet in SZ2. Would the fighter have to spend movement on SZ7+8 to reach SZ2, making it unable to return, or is SZ7 considered part af Western Europe?

And another example.

The fighter on Hawaii wants to attack the infantry on Wake Island. How many movement points would it take to do that and return to land on Hawaii?

P.S. These are just hypothetical situations and not necessarily sound strategic moves
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Chapman
United States
flag msg tools
Axis & Allies Developer and Playtester; War of the Ring Editor and Playtester
Sea zones and land territories are separate spaces, even if the territory is an island inside a sea zone.

The important thing to remember here is that every time a unit crosses a boundary between spaces, it uses one movement point. A fighter taking off from one island and landing on another island in an adjacent sea zone will use three movement points - one to enter the sea zone that the original island is in, one to move to the next sea zone, and one to move to the destination island in that sea zone.

In a similar example, if that fighter were doing the same thing except taking off from a carrier in the original sea zone instead of an island, it would use only two movement points because it's already in the origination sea zone rather than on an island within it. Since it's starting from the sea zone rather than the island, it only crosses two space boundaries during its movement.

In your first example, the fighter would use 3 movement points getting to sea zone 2. In your second example, it takes 6 movement points to go from Hawaii to Wake and back again.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.