Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: "Then Holler": Civil War Miniature gaming rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Smith
United States
flag msg tools
Good evening--

My son, Sam, who attends the University of North Carolina, is apparently spending a good deal of his time designing board and miniature games, including his most recent effort, "Then Holler." (He assures me this isn't taking over his school work, but he's in Chapel Hill and I am in Nashville, so who knows?) The link to the game is here:

Or try this link:

As a reader and contributor to this site since 2004, a player of wargames since 1968, and a collector since 1983, it is good to see the hobby being passed down at least one generation. A couple of years ago, Sam posted a geeklist about games we had played over the years: A Life of Boardgames With Dad. Even then, it was pretty obvious that I would one day be playing a game designed by Sam, in addition to playing our usual fare of Avalon Hill, Strat-O-Matic and Games Workshop games, among many others. Also, my board game collection is slowing making its way east, but that is okay: I have more than enough to keep myself entertained.

Enjoy the links. I know this is shameless praise of my own child, but it is fun to watch the real talent emerge in this boardgaming/wargaming family.

Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.