United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
"Games that want to get out."
mbmbmbmbmb
How balanced are starter decks?

Are there balanced decks listed somewhere on the internet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own any starter sets any more per-se, as its all mixed up and I can't remember which cards make up which.

BUT, the game was pretty balanced no matter how you set up the decks. Just follow the recommendations on deck building in the rules (proportion of units, command & mission cards) and keep to a faction and make any o' deck up. You will need to fine-tune the deck as you play more often and work out what works better with what. Never had a serious balance issue, as long as you limit the amount of vehicles you allow (our group allowed only 4! as a house rule.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Western

Virginia
msg tools
One thing I'd add. MIssions are great, but if you have a lot of command cards, they could serve as your mission cards. The big thing I see my friends and family run into is resources. We tend to underestimate how many resources are needed, to ensure you can build anything with any regularity and to over rely on command and unit cards.

Although my wife's wolf deck (which is more generic then wolf) and has only a handful of command and mission cards has always been killer, because it builds so consistently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.