Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Phalanx Games - high quality service rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben .
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a copy of Maharaja last week. When it arrived and I opened it, I was dismayed to discover one of the pieces from a counter sheet had popped out and was missing.

The next day I emailed Phalanx games to see if I could get a replacement. I got a reply in 2 (yes, "TWO") minutes saying they'd post it out to me.

And now here I am, a mere four working days later (international post), with a now-complete copy of Maharaja in plenty of time for this week's games session.

So big shout out to anyone at Phalanx Games out there. If the game is as good as the service, it won't be leaving the table any time soon!

Thanks, Phalanx! (thlanx?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Orr
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
I hunger!!!
badge
Galactus wants to know if you have been Naughty or Nice
mbmbmbmbmb
weird...
I placed an order two weeks ago and received a confirmation shortly thereafter. According to the 'check order status' link, this has yet to shipped. I have emailed Friday and today but have not heard a thing.

--brett

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Skulley
United States
Westminster
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm... I ordered a game from Phalanx on December 1. It had not arrived on Feb 1, so I emailed them about it. I got a fast response on the email, and they said it should have only taken 10 days and they'd ship another. Feb 21 rolled around and still no game, so another email. Again, good response time on the email, but basically same response "Sorry, we'll ship another". Now Feb 28, still no game...

Of course, by posting this, I guarantee it will arrive tomorrow. And by saying that, I guarantee it will not. Repeat ad nauseum...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Baxter
United States
Contoocook
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Similar experience...
I ordered my copy of Maharaja through TimeWellSpent.com and had no problem getting it when I expected. However, when I opened the box, one of the palace pieces was broken in two. I sent an email to Phalanx, and in return they quickly sent me two pieces to replace the broken one.

I also got what I am sure was a nice letter in some Scandinavian language. Didn't understand a word...

BTW, the game is as good as the service. I love to play, even though my wife always wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably a Dutch letter as Phalanx is a Dutch company. Need a translationcool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Baxter
United States
Contoocook
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
Actually, I think my wife did a pretty good job of guessing the translation. She was looking at roots of words and guessing the potential meaning. The end result was something like I would have expected had it been in english. After that attempt, we didn't keep the letter. Thanx for the offer, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real and Only
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Always
I have had very good service from them as well. Because of that I will always look at the games they produce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.