BoardGameGeek» Forums » Introduction » New User Questions

Subject: needs crib sheet or paste ups? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
den myos
Denmark
Næstved
flag msg tools
As new user to bgg and looking for easy language dependence games, i came across this words: needs crib sheet or paste ups.
Can anyone explain what that means.

thx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mousey
Netherlands
Je suis Paris
flag msg tools
ESSEN The Game: SPIEL '13 Featuring Jonah
badge
RIP Jonah Lomu 1975-2015
mbmbmbmbmb
Games with this qualification have a few words on the cards, board and or other elements. You can not play the game without knowing what these texts mean.
So you need a small translation-list with your game to understand what is going on. The other option is to print the translations on small peaces of paper and glue them on the game-components that need translated.

So, the game does have text on the game but if you speak another language you can easily fix it with a "crib sheet" or some translated text as "paste ups" on the game-parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
You either need a summary of the rules that you can match to the cards or other text in the game (a crib sheet); or you need to put the text on labels and paste them to the game cards or board (paste ups). Card sleeves (protectors) can be a good solution for cards since you can put the notes in the sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
den myos
Denmark
Næstved
flag msg tools
thx, both of you.

I know what both of you meant, i just did know the officiel word for it.

Thx again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.