Subject: Traitor Terminators rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian K
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
So this game says it needs Traitor Terminators to play. I have never seen these models, and from what I can tell they are long OOP. So what are the Traitor Terminators and whats the current equivalent(Chaos Terminators?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chaos Terminators = Traitor Terminators. gulp

Five plastic models on 40mm bases for $50 MSRP. IIRC Chaos Terminators are no longer equipped with assault cannons, "Cyclone" missile launchers, pair of lightning claws, or thunder hammer & storm shield; they are, however, equipped with the "Reaper" autocannon. You'll have to find the old metal Traitor Marines on Ebay to get metal models equipped with those weapons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Berthold Nüchter
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
I am the walrus
badge
checkpoint
mbmbmbmbmb
These are Traitor Terminator miniatures:

You can buy them on ebay sometimes, but they are rare and usually expensive. I think you should just use some kind of normal (old or new) Terminators with different colours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aging One wrote:
Five plastic models on 40mm bases for $50 MSRP.

Holy shit! Really? I knew it had gotten expensive but I guess I didn't realize... I haven't purchased a GW mini since about '96. That is freakin' crazy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJD
United States
Quad-Cities
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, they're obnoxiously expensive all right. That's why as much as I'd love to use official Chaos Terminators when I finally get a chance to try that scenario myself, I'll have to settle for using similar figures from other miniatures games instead of the real thing. I've got some nice ones from the old tabletop minis game Warzone, and they should look alright going up against my space marines.

Honestly, anyone who's looking at GW stuff but balking at the exorbitant prices might want to consider the same thing. Warzone's old Brotherhood faction could certainly pass as some kind of variation of Chaos Terminators:

And while the game is long out of print, and the figures don't appear on ebay that often, there is an auction up right now for a whole army of them. Even with an outrageous shipping cost, so far it's still going for what a single box of 5 Chaos Termies would cost.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

I'd love to bid on them myself, but I'm already going to be spending a heck of a lot of money this week on miniatures for my copy of Incursion, and I just can't justify more. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nazhuret wrote:
Aging One wrote:
Five plastic models on 40mm bases for $50 MSRP.

Holy shit! Really? I knew it had gotten expensive but I guess I didn't realize... I haven't purchased a GW mini since about '96. That is freakin' crazy!

Again, sometimes on Ebay you can get the plastic chaos terminators for a "more reasonble" price. The plastic chaos terminators are, I believe, much closer in size to the Space Hulk (third edition) Space Marine terminators (the metal terminators are noticeably smaller).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
Aging One wrote:
Chaos Terminators = Traitor Terminators. gulp

Five plastic models on 40mm bases for $50 MSRP. IIRC Chaos Terminators are no longer equipped with assault cannons, "Cyclone" missile launchers, pair of lightning claws, or thunder hammer & storm shield; they are, however, equipped with the "Reaper" autocannon. You'll have to find the old metal Traitor Marines on Ebay to get metal models equipped with those weapons.

I assume most needed weapons should be able to be purchased from stores that sell "bits." You might have to do slight mods, but they aren't too hard to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Tak
United States
Chapin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What you can do is if you have extra terminators or parts of terminators or whatever is cruise your local gaming store where GW is popular and just ask for bits. People will usually either given them away or ask a pittance for more than you'll ever use for 5-10 chaos terminators. A chaos arm or two, some spikey bits, helms, glue into place and tada! instant chaos terminators from whatever you have that is 'close enough' already.

Does require a little modeling experience, but if you find a cheapo squad of regular terminators or marines you can end up spending less money in the long run. Helps if you're on good terms with GW-games player or at least a regular to the store.

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
しんぶん赤旗
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what the original traitor terminators look like on the board:

They are nice miniatures and aren't too hard to get off ebay without having to spend mega-bucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C
msg tools
Wait are you saying there were plastic traitor terminators? never seen that, cool man!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.