Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Sturk
United States
Hudson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook states to remove the 3 and 4 mechanic, do you also remove their corresponding starting robots?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I always have been.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own the game, but I'm interested in getting it. It looks like the way the rule book is written you DO NOT remove the extra cards after dealing out the specific mechanic cards to each player. 52 card deck(does not include mechanic cards), minus 3 cards(power 1, 2, & 3 robots for the specific players) would leave 46 cards in a 2 player game. You then have 5 rounds(of 8 cards) like stated on the 3rd page. Then you try to deal out a sixth round of 6 cards, but can not reach 8 cards, so the game ends.

pg. 12 rule book says:

If there are insufficient cards remaining in the Conveyor Belt
Deck to complete a new line of eight cards, then the game
ends, and players add up their scores.

If you always removed the specific starting player robots then the deck would be 40 [52 - (4x3)] and this clause would never happen?

designer, feel free to jump in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Every homo sapiens needs an outbuilding within the curtelage of their property
badge
Welcome...to my Shed!
mbmbmbmbmb
Josh is indeed correct - you leave _in_ all of the non-mechanic cards in a

oops - what happened there? Lost half a post between SUBMIT and re-display!

You keep the non-mechanic cards in the deck as these may result in other, normally-expected cards like the 3/4/5 or Production Unit cards not making it into the five core auctions! It's only a minor effect, but adds a teensy little bit of tension...

Best wishes,

Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Punk Rock
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(I know this thread is old but I'm hoping someone is still subscribed )

I've always played with exactly 40 cards, but I like Tony's suggestion to add a little variance and risk.

I wonder if we should also do this with the 5-6 player expansion cards? So in a 4 player game, add in all of the non-mechanic cards from that set too, but only play 5 auctions? Or would this vary it too much?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.