Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hank Drew
United States
Los Altos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pondering picking up a german copy of Taj Mahal. At this moment PR and E&T are my two favorite games.

The only problem is that it is going to cost me around 60 dollars shipped, which could be applied to two other games (pondering picking up Power Grid & Ra, when it is released).

Is it worth it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:should I buy it
scamper (#444794),

I have Taj Mahal rated '10'. I have Power Grid and Ra both rated '9'. Is 9 + 9 > 10, or is it more important to have the one great game?

You should be aware that Power Grid and Ra both play very well for 3, 4 or 5 players while Taj is at most good for 4 or 5 (some people will only play it with 4 and others will only play it with 5.) The flexibility might cause you to lean toward Power Grid and Ra, which are both terrific games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rene Wiersma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
designer
scamper (#444794),

I agree with what Eric said. Taj Mahal is a great game, but if you can get two great games instead of one, that's even better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Drew
United States
Los Altos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the opinions guys. I keep going back and forth between picking this up and picking up Power Gride and either Ra or Maharaja.

It isn't like I can go wrong choosing any of these games. Great time to be a gamer for sure.

One of the things that is holding me back on Taj is the 4 player hitch.

Any idea why this game is not going to see a reprint? Too much of a gamers game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scamper (#446388),

I don't know about reprint, but I have a copy for trade.

I love the game, but I have a second copy on the way from Germany right now (It was sold as a "lot" with Chinatown), so my existing copy (played about 10 times) is up for trade or sale. I would value it pretty close to $50 though.

My wife and I play (and thoroughly enjoy) Taj as a 2-player game using the rules that I developed & playtested and which are posted here as a file: check them out. I have heard that it is best with 4, but have played and enjoyed it with 2,3,4 and 5. I just don't get the complaints.

Highly recommended.

Foob

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Drew
United States
Los Altos
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fubar awol (#446701),

Ok. Pierce. Sold. Let me know how much total you would want for it with shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.