Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Slabon
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Took the idea of the solo rules where creatures, if not attacked, advance one rank every turn until they leave the dungeon and are killed by the hapless villagers, and applied it to a multiplayer game. The game suddenly turned into a player versus player versus the village. It hurt to see experience points go to the game. The first monster to emerge was the Colossus. Ouch! Everyone scrambled to get a tough enough hero. I'm sure the villagers who perished knew there was no hope for them.
I just played a game where we had the Sulerin Mage and no magic items or spells. At one point, all monsters in rank 1-3 required magic attack. We waited every turn to see if that right combo would come up. Everyone started to discard down to the mages. Had we used the solo rules,it would have moved the game along much faster. Not that it took so long anyway. The game lasted just over an hour.
The scalability of this game is only limited to imagination.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wondered about this myself, though fairly new to the game. Drew 3 Abyssal in the second 2-p game over the weekend, with Succubus right up front, Goodberries the only Magic Attack in the game cry . Thus, much of the early game was, well, quite a lot of Village visits. However, what about filling the Dungeon initially? In solo, it's filled over the first three turns, would you do the same with this variant? Just that I've noticed sometimes the initial monsters are killable with just Militia and Torches, so early Dungeon plunging isn't out of the question. But if you only fill it out like in the solo game, it would mean mandatory Village visits for a while (which doesn't mean that's not the way games happen with the current multiplayer rules).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jim Hood
United States
flag msg tools
I like this idea, I hadn't thought of it. Another idea might be to add an additional rank for 3 or more players. And Make it either -4, or 0 light penalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.