Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: My Turn... for an Avitar!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally get my Avitar and now no Journal to write about it in. soblue

But I think this is the correct forum to put what we used to put in journals. laugh

I just want to first say thank you to Skelebone for advancing me the for me to get my avitar while I wait for the backlog of game submissions to be cleared.

And for those of you who are interested in the history of my avitar....

One day after work I came home and my husband had bought me a boquet of roses (for no reason). They were absolutly beautiful roses. I then had fun with my digital camera taking pictures of the flowers. So this rose is the best of the pictures. I love it so much because it reminds me of the love my husband has for me, and it looks like it is out of a magazine, the rose is so perfect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kidd
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Nice one. I can almost smell it from here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An avatar by any other name would smell as sweet....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, me too! Ahhhhchooo!
Opps... Alergies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Cameron
Canada
Unspecified
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:

And for those of you who are interested in the history of my avitar....

One day after work I came home and my husband had bought me a boquet of roses (for no reason). They were absolutly beautiful roses. I then had fun with my digital camera taking pictures of the flowers. So this rose is the best of the pictures. I love it so much because it reminds me of the love my husband has for me, and it looks like it is out of a magazine, the rose is so perfect.

Awwwww.....

Gawd...I'm too sentimental for my own good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:
One day after work I came home and my husband had bought me a boquet of roses (for no reason)

Husband....bought roses....for no reason....

hmmmm

OzGamer wrote:
I can almost smell it from here!

....Yes....something certainly smells fishy....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We were still newlyweds... so give him a break.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beth
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm...times three...carry the two...
Melsana wrote:
We were still newlyweds...

Well...judging by the age of consumer-level digital camera technology...the average technology price decreases over time...and the fact that you talk as if you no longer consider yourself to be a newlywed...wow! You guys must be loaded!

Cute story.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NoodleZoop wrote:
Melsana wrote:
We were still newlyweds...

Well...judging by the age of consumer-level digital camera technology...the average technology price decreases over time...and the fact that you talk as if you no longer consider yourself to be a newlywed...wow! You guys must be loaded!

Cute story.

No we are not loaded.. the digital camera was a college graduation gift. We have now been married just over two years, some people don't consider that to be newlyweeds anymore, It still feels fairly new to me. He bought me the roses a month before our first year anniversary so we were definitly still in the newlywed phase.

We have since bought a house and are on a VERY tight budget, so no more roses for me... cry (At least for now) At least I still have the image of it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nextinline wrote:
You know, guys, it wouldn't hurt you to get a single rosebud for your wife every now and then a few days before you take her on a nice date. If she's the suspicious type I doubt a single flower will arouse worry especially if you both watch it bloom. And if you're guilty of something you deserve to be caught. devil

I totally agree. My husband thinks that if he doesn't buy a huge expensive boquet than it is not worth buying any flowers at all. While I love his taste in boquets I wouldn't not mind the cheeper route of just a single flower every once an a while.

Flowers just have a way of making you smile no matter what else is going on in life.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boo
Canada
Kanata
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Tish! Beautiful picture.

My husband bought me some daisies the other day just because he loves me. I personally love getting daisies because they are such a cheerful flower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is it with you Americans and this "Boquet". It's a bouquet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beth
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melsana wrote:

No we are not loaded.. the digital camera was a college graduation gift. We have now been married just over two years, some people don't consider that to be newlyweeds anymore, It still feels fairly new to me. He bought me the roses a month before our first year anniversary so we were definitly still in the newlywed phase.

We have since bought a house and are on a VERY tight budget, so no more roses for me... cry (At least for now) At least I still have the image of it though.

blush I was joking about your cash flow...although I am used to people talking about couples as "newlyweds" until 5-10 years after the event. That'll show me for growing up around gruff old-fashioned folk. laugh Next thing, I'll forget myself again and say things like, "you look quite fetching in your new avatar." Anyway...

I stand by my original statement of cuteness, and that will be final!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markrollings wrote:
What is it with you Americans and this "Boquet". It's a bouquet.

I admit... I'm a crappy speller... when I was writing the word I wasn't sure if it was correct but I was too lazy to go look it up to see what was correct.

At least I didn't spell it bookay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was one of those words that you spell differently for some reason! Like "color" for instance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
markrollings wrote:
I thought it was one of those words that you spell differently for some reason! Like "color" for instance.

Yeah there are a lot of words like that... but bouquet is not one of the.

My mom is british so we have had fun with differnt spelling and pronounciations in my family.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.