Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The editor is great for Tide of Iron but is there ever going to be an updated version that includes the tiles and overlays from Days of the Fox and Normandy?

I'd likely be posting up a lot of scenarios if there was an updated editor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems unlikely given how long the expansions have been out. Mike Z did the original for FFG on a volunteer basis as I understand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, looks like they need more support for TOI. If FFG posted an editor and missions, this would be ideal. I don't see much happening, which really sucks as wasted potential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's got to be some kind of way. What if we all just went crazy or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh J Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tried Vassal for the first time. Seeing as it has modules for both Days of the Fox and Normandy my hope was I could simply set up the board in vassal, take a screen shot and make a printable setup guide for scenarios. Problem is, dragging and dropping the board pieces around to try and set up even a basic map for Tide of Iron in Vassal was beyond maddening. It was so counter intuitive I nearly took my own life out of frustration.

There's got to be some one out there who likes Tide of Iron and is also a talented programmer who could update the official TOI editor or create a new one right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Nikolaidis
Greece
Patra
Patra
flag msg tools
badge
Sputnik Monroe wrote:
I just tried Vassal for the first time. Seeing as it has modules for both Days of the Fox and Normandy my hope was I could simply set up the board in vassal, take a screen shot and make a printable setup guide for scenarios. Problem is, dragging and dropping the board pieces around to try and set up even a basic map for Tide of Iron in Vassal was beyond maddening. It was so counter intuitive I nearly took my own life out of frustration.

There's got to be some one out there who likes Tide of Iron and is also a talented programmer who could update the official TOI editor or create a new one right?

To update the official editor the source code is needed. Is it available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.