Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
denise d
United States
Spring (N. Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 6 keys with special powers in this game - what are the specifics of each?

I.E., One key unlocks the Black Hole. What color is this key? Do any conditions apply?

Thanks!

denise
Living while Surviving metastatic breast cancer...
cancer Sucks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mitchell
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Here is the complete list of the Key Powers from the first Nightmare game:

1. This key unlocks the Black Hole. If an opponent lands on your gravestone, toss the coin: HEADS: that opponent is banished to the Block Hole.

2. This key unlocks the gate to Chance. If an opponent lands on your gravestone, toss the coin: TAILS: Take all that opponent's Chance cards.

3. This key unlocks the sanctuary. If you land on an opponent's gravestone, nothing can harm you.

4. This key unlocks the gate to Fate. If an opponent lands on your gravestone, toss the coin: HEADS: Take all the opponent's Fate cards.

5. This key unlocks the gate to Time. If an opponent lands on your gravestone, toss the con: TAILS: Take all that opponent's Time cards.

6. This key releases you from the Black Hole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mitchell
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mb
By the way, each of the players has an identical set of six keys; one color per player:

- White: Baron Samedi (zombie)
- Red: Khufu (mummy)
- Blue: Anne de Chantrain (witch)
- Purple: Hellin (poltergeist)
- Black: Gevaudan (werewolf)
- Gray: Elisabeth Bathory (vampire)

They are shuffled and, when you earn one during the game, you receive one at random. Other than that, the colors have no specific meaning; their power comes only from the text on the back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denise d
United States
Spring (N. Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmitchell_houston wrote:
Here is the complete list of the Key Powers from the first Nightmare game:

THANKS for helping me to answer the Y!Q, Mike!! I had looked and looked and I find all sorts of info on this game, but the one thing missing is a listing of the special powers of the 6 keys

Hope to see you & Donna this Sunday for gaming :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
denise d
United States
Spring (N. Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mmitchell_houston wrote:
By the way, each of the players has an identical set of six keys; one color per player... the colors have no specific meaning; their power comes only from the text on the back.

Ahhhh... good to know. I have Atmosfear, not Nightmare, and the pieces are a bit different. I got it at resale recently, so have not had a chance to play yet, in fact I am saving it for the Halloween Party at Christine & Rob's - hope y'all are gonna be able to make it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Uzel
United States
Dubuque
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, having both versions of the game, I can say there are definitely some differences. Even though the special effects and video for Atmosphere are done with an obviously larger budget, the "feel" of the game takes a hit vs Nightmare.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bailey Crawly
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello, I was just reading through this thread and thought I would ask on here as well: I have been trying extremely hard to get a typed list of the cards for Anne De Chantraine, and I haven't been able to get a typed list anywhere. I know on this site there is a Baron Samedi TIME and FATE card list, but now I need both Chantraine and Bathory, but I want Chantraine more. If you have the game, please type up the cards you have, upload them here (or anywhere on the internet) and send me a link. Or, I'll give you my email and you can send it to me. Please, if you have the game, share the cards with me! I bought the game online but it didn't have any cards in it! Only video with dice and instructions!! Thank you so much in advance!
-BAILEY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.