Subject: Question about Fall secondary ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
The fall secondary ability says that each player chooses whether to receive 2 influence or 1 tactics card. How do you decide which player chooses first?

Knowing what your opponents choose can have a huge impact on whether or not you take more influence or take a tactics card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Nilsson
Sweden
Stenungsund
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not having the rulebook here I would assume that the number on the order cards from the Summer season determine the order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Kristofer is right. I'll try to get the exact quote from the rules if you want, but the rules do state that when resolving the secondary ability of a Season card, the order you resolve it in is based on the previous seasons' order. If two people played the same order, then it's based on who has the most influence.

One important note, though: The influence tiebreaker for the season secondary is determined at the time the secondary is done. This could mean that the exact order of players is NOT the same as during the previous season's order resolution, if the influence amounts change.

For instance, in Summer, two players played Mobilize, Player A had 3 influence and Player B had 2. In Summer, Player A will go before Player B. In Fall, if the season primary was "Revealing their True Nature", and Player A spends 2 influence to keep his heroes, and Player B spends none, Player A will have 1, Player B will have 2. Thus, when resolving the Fall secondary, Player B will have to choose before Player A, since Player B breaks the tie.

This season-secondary order applies to ALL seasons. IE, you always go based on the previous seasons' order cards (and current influence to break ties) to determine what order you do the secondaries in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks guys

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radim Jurda
Czech Republic
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I think you are right, but it sounds weird for me, that having more influence is in fact disadvantage in this case...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Rash wrote:
I think you are right, but it sounds weird for me, that having more influence is in fact disadvantage in this case...

In almost every case it is better to have more influence. I think it's a good balance that you sometimes have to act first as a result. Sometimes you want to, but other times, you don't.

In games where I want to move second, I will often take Conquer over Mobilize to give me a better shot at doing so. Or take a later order and move next season.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.