BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions » Essen

Subject: Buying games from Frankfurt? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
linus ang
Singapore
flag msg tools
Hi guys,

I'm going to Essen, however, I will be traveling around in Europe before I go back to Singapore. And my departing airport is Frankfurt back to Singapore. So in order for me not to carry around games while i'm traveling, I wonder if there is any board games shops in Frankfurt that i can do my last chance board-game-shopping?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Derk appears from the mists...
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Even if you found a game store in Frankfurt, it will pale in comparison to the game store that is Essen. Essen is world's largest and best board game shopping mall which only happens once a year. If you're going to be traveling for a while, you might want to look into other options (like shipping or perhaps storing at a friend's place).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. Buy at Spiel!

But, if you do need stores in Frankfurt: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Consider shipping games home before you leave Essen. Read this thread here to see how to do it:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/425901/how-to-ship-games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
linus ang
Singapore
flag msg tools
thanks for the suggestions guys...

i guess i will buy from essen then...

i'm wondering if there is a service where i can send the games to the airport or to a hotel in frankfurt which i will pick up later as i'm staying in frankfurt on the last night of my trip

then the other option is to ship it back to singapore as you guys suggested.. which i think will cost quite a sum...

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes H.
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
flag msg tools
Meat is for pussies!
badge
Karma is a funny thing.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am living in Frankfurt and I suggest: Buy at the Essen fair!
Much cheaper than any store in Frankfurt and way more games to choose.
Try to choose a hotel which will acceppt you sending yourself a package there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Facello
Uruguay
Montevideo
Montevideo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
icube wrote:

i'm wondering if there is a service where i can send the games to the airport or to a hotel in frankfurt which i will pick up later as i'm staying in frankfurt on the last night of my trip

Have you already made a reservation? If so, contact the hotel you'll be staying in. They'll probably be happy to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.