1 Posts

Code 777» Forums » General

Subject: Customer Service Experience rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Temske
United States
flag msg tools
I thought I'd take a moment to share my recent customer service experience with Stronghold Games. I'm a long-time Code 777 fan, but never owned the original game - so I pre-ordered the new version when I first learned of it. My copy arrived in August and we anxiously setup the game to play - admiring the nice tiles and production quality of the game.

After a couple of incorrect guesses by experienced players we started suspecting something was wrong. Lesson #1 - verify you actually have the right mix of tiles before playing! If you're missing all the yellow tiles and have extras of the black tiles, it will seriously mess with your deduction process

I wrote a note to Stronghold Games for assistance, but didn't receive a reply. I waited about 5 days and sent another message, also without reply. I was feeling frustrated, so I sent Kevin Nesbitt a message using the BGG mail system.

Kevin replied within the hour and through some email exchanges back and forth discovered an issue whereby emails to the Stronghold email account weren't being forwarded properly. (As a side note, that problem has now been fixed).

Kevin and Stephen bent over backwards to make sure my replacement tiles were shipped right away. They were very apologetic for the email issues I experienced (and fixed them right away), sent me multiple emails letting me know the replacement tiles had shipped, then checking in again to make sure I had received them promptly.

In the end - what started with frustration (later discovered to be technical email issues) ended with a fantastic customer service experience. Kevin and Stephen really take customer satisfaction seriously and went out of their way to make sure I was happy.

All in all a great experience and a company I'd recommend for future business.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.