Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am moving as the german player. Opponent plays an op fire card. I would like to play a smoke action from hand to hinder his shot. Do I get to interrupt his op fire and play my action before he can shoot, even though he has already announced it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Inactive player gets to play actions first (A24.2).

But remember with smoke that you can deploy it before you move into your first hex (i.e. issue the Move order, activate the unit, deploy the smoke, then move into the now hopefully safer hex).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even better, play MOVE, hit him with ASSAULT FIRE, then screen the move with SMOKE GRENADES, then actually start moving to the new hex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WBRP wrote:
Even better, play MOVE, hit him with ASSAULT FIRE, then screen the move with SMOKE GRENADES, then actually start moving to the new hex.

Gonna need some engineer squads for that one Or maye Paratroopers or Sturms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
tarheel wrote:
I am moving as the german player. Opponent plays an op fire card. I would like to play a smoke action from hand to hinder his shot. Do I get to interrupt his op fire and play my action before he can shoot, even though he has already announced it?

If you don't have anything else to hit him with, play the MOVE order, then lay smoke with your smoke action. Remember that Op Fire can't trigger until you actually expend at least one movement point. You can lay smoke before you expend any movement points.

The logic of this is realistic: you don't get to lay smoke after you figure out that the enemy is going to shoot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:

The logic of this is realistic: you don't get to lay smoke after you figure out that the enemy is going to shoot.

Or if you don't have boxed movement...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.